What's new

Onenote circular menu

gtext

On the demo videos I've seen in Onenote there's a circular menu/pen properties where along with other options allows pen color and ink width changes etc.

Hunted around and and I can't see how to enable this feature. Can anyone help?

ctitanic

On the demo videos I've seen in Onenote there's a circular menu/pen properties where along with other options allows pen color and ink width changes etc.

Hunted around and and I can't see how to enable this feature. Can anyone help?
That's only visible in the Metro version.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The only circular menu I remember seeing is the one on the Samsung Galaxy Notes. Perhaps I missed it.

OP
G

gtext

No wonder I couldn't find it. Thanks.

Why would MS not have this as an option in the desktop version?

Maybe in a future update.

mitchellvii

Because they want to force you to use MUI version. That's how MS rolls. I agree would love to see this feature on desktop version.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was playing with that circular menu last night I liked it!!

As a "new" Win 8 users I'm gonna have to get my head round the two versions of the same software thing, it's confusing and this device definitely has a split personality!

ctitanic

The only circular menu I remember seeing is the one on the Samsung Galaxy Notes. Perhaps I missed it.
Capture.JPG

mitchellvii

I was playing with that circular menu last night I liked it!!

As a "new" Win 8 users I'm gonna have to get my head round the two versions of the same software thing, it's confusing and this device definitely has a split personality!

Especially since full desktop OneNote is now free and is vastly more robust that MUI OneNote.

ctitanic

ok, if you are going to be writing notes, the metro is more user friendly but it does not have that many options available compared to the OneNote Desktop.
OneNote Desktop for free does not include all the options and features that comes in OneNote paid version. Some of the features missing are the possibility of attach voice notes and attachment of files to your notes.

OneNote Metro automatically sync your notes with OneDrive and OneDrive with your OneNote Desktop. So whatever you create in one of them is available in the other one if you are connected to Internet.

bluegrass

Because they want to force you to use MUI version. That's how MS rolls. I agree would love to see this feature on desktop version.

I think I'll open both versions in split screen and drag and drop that little jewel from the MUI version to the desktop version.