Onenote quick delete

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by hughlle, Aug 31, 2014.

1. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

Just a quick question. I'm still in the habbit of clicking the pen button and scribbling just for the novelty :p the downside is that it opens a new note each time, and before i know it i've got a bunch of notes id like to selectively delete (instead of just deleting a whole group. Via touch (metro onenote) it is a little tedious deleting multiple notes. Is there no multi select feature like with android, or a touch equivalent to holding control and clicking multiple items?

2. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    You definitely can multiple-delete pages in OneNote, I just tested it. I clicked on one note's tab, and then CTRL-clicked a few others and they all selected, and then I hit the Delete key and the tabs all disappeared. I was in Desktop OneNote 2013. So if you are trying to do it in Modern OneNote, then there may be a limitation there.

You should still be fine taking your notes in Modern, then open up Desktop when you need to clean house.

3. hughlle

hughlle Super Moderator Staff Member

I am talking specifically modern UI with touch input. Surely I'm simply failing to pick up the method, because this is a rather essential concept that other mobile touch operating systems have had for a long time. Not having to press for a second to reveal a menu to delete, and so it for every single note.

4. brianpeng

brianpeng New Member

My Device:
    Other
    you set delete multiple-pages, set it again.