What's new

[OneNote,SP3,Annotation,NoCloud] Use of OneNote* On SP3

Alessio

Greetings Ladies and Gents.

Firstly, thank you for hosting this space to let professionals and users alike to meet and help each other solving issues and glitches that are the daily bread when dealing with technology! :)

Being this my first post, please bear with me if topic classification is not perfectly fitting or if my question has already been answered (oh that would be great indeed!), feel free to point me in the right direction, will appreciate your help!

Here we go....

The company for which I am working decided to adopt 60+ SP3 tablets. For privacy matters, Management decided not to use Cloud based services to store whatever information regarding the business. I have been asked whether OneNote (version does not matter at this point in time) could be used in conjunction with tablets to do document annotations and share notebooks and pages whilst not using OneDrive but having them saved on company shares instead.

Tried to get some information here and there, but so far my search has not been truly successful.

Is anyone out there that can shed some light for me?

Hints, Suggestions, Advice are totally welcome!

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers

Alessio

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The Paid Desktop version can do this, stored locally or on a Local SharePoint Library that has been configured for OneNote notebooks. I'm not sure if a file share would work.

Also, you may want to review the security and privacy policies of OneDrive for Business, they are pretty solid and actually safer than most on Orem solutions.

OP
A

Alessio

The Paid Desktop version can do this, stored locally or on a Local SharePoint Library that has been configured for OneNote notebooks. I'm not sure if a file share would work.

Also, you may want to review the security and privacy policies of OneDrive for Business, they are pretty solid and actually safer than most on Orem solutions.

Hello Jnjroach!

I knew that the paid desktop version can access and work from local shares and SharePoint farms.
But would that allow document annotation with the stylus as well?
What I want to accomplish is to have users benefit from the tablet flexibility while having notebooks shared company-wise.

Unfortunately is beyond my powers to take decisions concerning going on Cloud. Please consider this option non viable for the sake of this topic.

Many thanks!

Alessio

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Jnjroach!

I knew that the paid desktop version can access and work from local shares and SharePoint farms.
But would that allow document annotation with the stylus as well?
What I want to accomplish is to have users benefit from the tablet flexibility while having notebooks shared company-wise.

Unfortunately is beyond my powers to take decisions concerning going on Cloud. Please consider this option non viable for the sake of this topic.

Many thanks!

Alessio
Inking is native to all versions of OneNote....so yes