What's new

opening onenote with pen doesn't work anymore

Kamran Samaie

Since yesterday for some reason I can't open OneNote by clicking on my pen anymore. Didn't change anything, simply stopped working.
Did anyone have that problem? If so, how to fix it? Also by double clicking the pen in OneNote a picture should be taken by the back camera, doesn't work either.
Am I doing something wrong or is my pen maybe broken? The rest works fine so far

ctitanic

When you double click a screen shot should be taken. I do not recall to have seen this option to take pictures.

ctitanic

Capture.JPG

bluegrass

The pen operates via Bluetooth. Not sure about other computers but I have found automatic Bluetooth reconnections between the Surface and a Bluetooth device not that reliable. I frequently have to twiddle with the Bluetooth setting on the Surface to reconnect.

Connection problems to my Bose speaker happens with some frequency. I haven't noticed the problem so much with my pen but I really haven't used it all that much either. I think Bluetooth interface in general is not nearly as reliable as wireless USB devices. My two cents.

ScottyS

I have same problem, I have to keep re-pairing the Surface Pen in Bluetooth settings. Sometimes I get a message saying "Installation error. Connect to Internet".
I don't know what that "Connect to Internet" means. It's not a link to take me to a site that fixes the problem. Even when the pairing is successful, a few minutes later the connection is lost and the pen button doesn't work again.

OP
K

Kamran Samaie

After turning bluetooth off and on again it started working.

Now even taking screen shot by double clicking works for the first time. (probably confused that function with taking pictures with the back camera)

Btw i recently tried to take some notes while i was on the train and since i had no wifi i couldn't start Onenote, is there a way to change that? Kinda sucks if i can't use it on the way.

OP
K

Kamran Samaie

This is probably a stupid question, but I was using a Mac for the past six years and haven't really used any windows since XP and i find myself unable to do the simplest things sometimes...

Right now I took a screenshot, made some comments and stuff in onenote and would like to upload it for some friends on Facebook. But I can't find a way to export my notes nor can i find them on my computer anywhere... this really shouldnt be that hard, but i dont see it...

Tsurugaya

This is probably a stupid question, but I was using a Mac for the past six years and haven't really used any windows since XP and i find myself unable to do the simplest things sometimes...

Right now I took a screenshot, made some comments and stuff in onenote and would like to upload it for some friends on Facebook. But I can't find a way to export my notes nor can i find them on my computer anywhere... this really shouldnt be that hard, but i dont see it...

When you have the note page open, Swype in from right and open the charms bar, select share.

olimjj

Since yesterday for some reason I can't open OneNote by clicking on my pen anymore. Didn't change anything, simply stopped working.
Did anyone have that problem? If so, how to fix it? Also by double clicking the pen in OneNote a picture should be taken by the back camera, doesn't work either.
Am I doing something wrong or is my pen maybe broken? The rest works fine so far

This might be a silly question but did you try checking/replacing the pen battery?