What's new

Oprah: Microsoft's Surface is like a Mercedes

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
oprah-surface.jpg

When a person of influence endorses your product, your marketing department reaches for the sky.

Or, more likely, for the Skyy.

So, wherever you are, you will surely be hearing the ululations of vodka-fueled pleasure emanating from Redmond on hearing that Oprah has declared the new Surface one of her "Favorite Things" of the year.

As Mashable reports it, Oprah likened the Surface to a Toyota Prius, because it is such a perfect hybrid of tablet and PC.

No, wait, she actually said: "The Surface, Microsoft's first tablet, feels like a Mercedes-Benz to me, people!

Would this be because it comes in many colors? Not at all.

Instead she continued: "The full-size keyboard built right into the cover makes work easy, the very smart kickstand makes watching a movie or Skyping a friend a delight, the less than a pound-and-a-half weight makes a great alternative to a laptop, and the many other features make it fun for work and play."

Perhaps some of you might be concerned about the Mercedes comparison. Is she suggesting that the Mercedes is an alternative to, well, a car? Or is it merely because a Mercedes is "fun for work and play"?

Continue Reading @: Oprah: Microsoft's Surface is like a Mercedes | Technically Incorrect - CNET News

Mr.Dan

yes...kinda funny she doesnt even pay attention...she had only one job:-D i wonder whether shes gonna return the money from MS

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express