What's new

OSX on surface pro mountian lion

mesii23

Speaking as someone who has a MacBook Air running Mountain Lion and the Surface RT, Mountain Lion is a much faster and smoother OS than Windows 8. Still like the RT okay but it is my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

compnovo

My first real computer was an Apple IIe that I mentioned in another thread (taught myself spreadsheets on it). Since then I've owned two other Macs, a Powerbook G3 and, most recently, a Mac Mini, so I have experience with three different Apple OSs. All good in their own right but, bottom line, I'm a Windows guy, have been since the mid-nineties.

@mesii23, I think a more fair comparison would be between the MBA and the Surface Pro, they have more similarities in the hardware than does the RT.

mesii23

^ Hardware did not factor in to what I said, I was looking at it from a strictly OS software standpoint. I stand by my original assertion because the only way it wouldn't be a fair comparison would be if Microsoft grossly underpowered the RT. because there are not that many differences between RT and Full 8

J515OP

Super Moderator
^ Hardware did not factor in to what I said, I was looking at it from a strictly OS software standpoint. I stand by my original assertion because the only way it wouldn't be a fair comparison would be if Microsoft grossly underpowered the RT. because there are not that many differences between RT and Full 8

Actually it is the case that the RT is grossly under powered compared to a Core i5 Intel chip. It isn't even close. You absolutely need to compare to the Pro not the RT as ARM chips even quad core simply will not match up. With the Pro being in tablet form but having ultrabook guts there are some good benchmarks vs. "tablet" using mobile processors and you really can't compare the two. It may seem like an apples to apples comparison but you are actually far from it. AnandTech - Microsoft Surface Pro Review

52972.png

All that being said the OS is going to be highly subjective in any case.