What's new

Out of stock?!

boreben

I have been looking to buy a Surface Pro 2 256 gb for a couple of weeks now and have had no luck in tracking one down. I have chatted with customer service about availability but have received no definitive answer from them. I have also checked all of my local retailers and have come up with nothing from them either. Are there available anymore? Will I have to wait until the SP3 is released? School starts Monday and I could really use this device in the next few weeks.

dougpaw57

Check frequently at Staples website. They have had them in stock every-other day or so. You get retail price, free shipping, and 5% back in rewards.

DanL

No way would I pay more than retail. I use Amazon a lot but some of their partners/re-sellers are starting to get a little too shady for me. Some of the reviews on their own web site indicate a counterfeit products issue with some re-sellers as well. Inventory fluctuates daily, even hourly at Best Buy, Staples, and the Microsoft store.

I've seen the 256 in stock several times in the past week or so. Sometimes only for a few hours.

dougpaw57

As far as tablets on Amazon, anything that competes with the Kindle, generally isn't stocked by Amazon. They let third-party folks sell them for inflated prices. I have yet to see ANY Surface or Surface accessory sold by Amazon themselves.

DanL

As far as tablets on Amazon, anything that competes with the Kindle, generally isn't stocked by Amazon. They let third-party folks sell them for inflated prices. I have yet to see ANY Surface or Surface accessory sold by Amazon themselves.

I've noticed that myself. I think it's a bad decision by Amazon. I doubt that anyone changed their mind about buying a Surface because they didn't stock it.