What's new

Outlook 2013 connect to remote exchange server

spectre51

I just got my Surface Pro this past week and installed Office 2013. I want to be able to use Outlook 2013 for my work exchange email but for the life of me can't figure out how to get it working. I setup my exchange account just fine on my android phone and my Lumina 920 but Outlook 2013 is giving me fits. I'm sure it's something I am doing or not doing but can't figure it out. Any help with this? Was so easy on the phones.

I can't get the setup to check the name to complete the setup. I know I have the right server address. I can connect to the exchange server just fine using Outlook Web Access to so I know its not an internet connectivity issue.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

malberttoo

Hmm, you've actually done a really good job covering all the bases! You obviously have the server, username, and domain info from your phone setup; and you must know the password, and have the server name correct, if you can login to OWA with no problems.

Hate to say it but at this point it may be an issue for your company's IT people.

Let me know what happens.

Loki

I just got my Surface Pro this past week and installed Office 2013. I want to be able to use Outlook 2013 for my work exchange email but for the life of me can't figure out how to get it working. I setup my exchange account just fine on my android phone and my Lumina 920 but Outlook 2013 is giving me fits. I'm sure it's something I am doing or not doing but can't figure it out. Any help with this? Was so easy on the phones.

I can't get the setup to check the name to complete the setup. I know I have the right server address. I can connect to the exchange server just fine using Outlook Web Access to so I know its not an internet connectivity issue.

Both devices (Lumia and Android) use ActiveSync (EAS) for synchronizing your email. You will need to configure ActiveSync for use in Outlook. By default Outlook is using Outlook Anywhere (aka RPC-over-HTTP) for which your company needs to have an RPC Proxy set up.

So, make sure you configure ActiveSync in Outlook.