What's new

Solved Outlook 2016 crashing after Anniversary update!

M$user

Just updated and now Outlook 2016 (Office 365) crashes and closes every single time I run it. System & Office both say no updates available. This update has made my SP4 completely useless.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It is one of two things, there was an O365 version that struggled with the latest Intel Video Driver, so disabling Hardware Acceleration could help, another thing that it could be is an Outlook plugin, to test try using from the Run Box (Windows Key and type run) outlook.exe /safe

OP
M

M$user

It is one of two things, there was an O365 version that struggled with the latest Intel Video Driver, so disabling Hardware Acceleration could help, another thing that it could be is an Outlook plugin, to test try using from the Run Box (Windows Key and type run) outlook.exe /safe

If it is the Intel driver does Microsoft know about the issue?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If it is the Intel driver does Microsoft know about the issue?
I got an update that fixed for O365...but I'm on Office Insider Fast....but I thought that update went out to everyone already. Are you using any Plugins?

OP
M

M$user

I was able to use the support tool to fix the issue...it took me running it about 5-6 times though. Turns out the Bitdefender spam plugin was the problem.