What's new

Outlook.com on SP3

OP
eknirb

eknirb

I understand now---when you open up SP3 MAIL, the first thing you do is hit the SYNC thing, right? Then they go away, what you have deleted elsewhere.

daniielrp

I understand now---when you open up SP3 MAIL, the first thing you do is hit the SYNC thing, right? Then they go away, what you have deleted elsewhere.

Sounds right, you delete on Outlook.com, then when you open mail there should be (very) short delay while the app checks and takes the action to make it match Outlook.com, in this case deleting the same messages.

OP
eknirb

eknirb

but you have to deliberately go to the ... and select SYNC- it does not do it automatically. Or am I missing something?

daniielrp

but you have to deliberately go to the ... and select SYNC- it does not do it automatically. Or am I missing something?
No that's not right, it should sync automatically as long as it is set to "download items as the arrive", which you already said yours is.

As a test, you could open mail on your SP3, then send a message go yourself from your desktop. After a minute or two, the message should come through to your SP3 automatically.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think if you wait longer those deleted messages would get removed... even switching folders may be enough to trigger it but id assume there's not a notification on a deleted message like a new message.

Last edited:
OP
eknirb

eknirb

well, I did as danielrp suggested. I had desktop PC webmail open...sent myself an email...saw it arrive in SP3 MAIL app. Then I deleted outta desktop PC webmail, and I watched it disappear in SP3 MAIL app. So I guess it is working fine!