What's new

OWA Mail App?

Rich OReilly

Hi
Any suggestions for OWA (Outlook Web Access) other than using IE?
Is there an app?
I wasn't able to set Outlook up for it on my SP3.
Thanks

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you tried to setup the Mail app and it didn't work/connect? What kind of error did you get?

Perhaps you could provide more detail on the original problem OR what your looking for ... besides ... not using IE... don't know what problem we're trying to solve.

Do you think if an App is written that arranges to screen differently but uses browser functions under the covers it improves anything??? It almost sounds like... 'gotta have an app for that', meme mentality or you just hate IE I don't know which.

Last edited:
OP
R

Rich OReilly

Maybe I should have asked if Outlook will work with OWA accounts. I will try to set it up again.
Do I use Exchange or Active Sync?
Forgive the ignorance. I am coming from Android whereas I needed an app to access my work OWA.
I find IE not the best option for me, although acceptable if I have to. I would much rather use Outlook.
Thanks for the responses.
I'm still trying to wrap my arms around the transition from the Android Tablet world.

compnovo

Maybe I should have asked if Outlook will work with OWA accounts. I will try to set it up again.
Do I use Exchange or Active Sync?
Forgive the ignorance. I am coming from Android whereas I needed an app to access my work OWA.
I find IE not the best option for me, although acceptable if I have to. I would much rather use Outlook.
Thanks for the responses.
I'm still trying to wrap my arms around the transition from the Android Tablet world.
I use the OWA every week to access my work email when on the road and I use Outlook 2013 for my personal email. By far your best and simplest approach is to use a web browser for OWA since setup is so easy (I use IE). I don't think you'll be able to use Outlook to access OWA since you're probably trying to access a secure Exchange server but I would check with your IT department just to be sure.

ctitanic

I'm using Outlook with an OWA account, the configuration the tricky so you will need the help of your IT.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I use Outlook to connect to 2 On Prem Work Exchange Accounts and one Office 365 Exchange Account, my personal email account and my Hotmail Account all in the same profile.

When setting up the Account select Exchange and enter the details and if your IT Department has setup the configuration correctly Outlook should be able to detect and setup the account automatically.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
This all hinges on what configuration your IT dept. has setup and what the Corp/IT policies will allow.

OP
R

Rich OReilly

Thanks...my IT won't allow Outlook access on OWA. On android I used a app that looked and felt like Outlook
I will stick with IE..thanks all the feedback.
I am loving the SP3 and enjoying the learning curve.

compnovo

Thanks...my IT won't allow Outlook access on OWA. On android I used a app that looked and felt like Outlook
I will stick with IE..thanks all the feedback.
I am loving the SP3 and enjoying the learning curve.
Off topic but what the heck: Which SP3 did you get?
(I'm loving the SP3 myself :))