What's new

OWA Mail App?

Nuspieds

Since you're asking, I'm guessing you believe it will work with OWA? I had previously thought that it wouldn't work with an Exchange account.
It does; that's what I use (primarily).

However, it is not a full replacement for OWA. I still turn to OWA from time-to-time when I need to do certain tasks.

Nuspieds

Have you tried using the Built In Mail App?
I thought of that, too, but based on the OP's statement that his "IT won't allow Outlook access on OWA," I took that to mean that OWA--and not Outlook--is the IT standard that is enforced. As such, the Mail app would fall very short of the functionality that OWA provides.

ptrkhh

Since you're asking, I'm guessing you believe it will work with OWA? I had previously thought that it wouldn't work with an Exchange account.
It does work, perfectly. A little bit of a pain to setup due to the ambiguity on which goes to which, but with a little bit of a trial-and error, pretty sure you could set it up.
I use my university email account with the default mail app on all my Windows devices (Windows 8, Windows Phone) with zero issues.
Just take note that there is a limit of how many devices you can connect with the mail apps. If you hit the limit, just remove the devices that you don't use anymore manually (using IE).

malberttoo

It does; that's what I use (primarily).

However, it is not a full replacement for OWA. I still turn to OWA from time-to-time when I need to do certain tasks.

Thanks for the info! I didn't think that Mail supported Exchange accounts.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, some IT depts. Are real strict on security... they wont allow ActiveSync to such devices or even downloading attachments in OWA but will give all employees and vendors VPN access to the entire network. :rolleyes:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Well, some IT depts. Are real strict on security... they wont allow ActiveSync to such devices or even downloading attachments in OWA but will give all employees and vendors VPN access to the entire network. :rolleyes:
The fact that it worked on Android means it will work....EAS is EAS....

everalm

Not sure if this is what you need... however....

I had a corporate email access only via browser and OWA, since I wanted to be able to use many of the features of Outlook, I used an application called DAVmail that provides a full SMTP/POP/IMAP gateway function, running on the PC, to any email client, in my case, Outlook.

Full access to all mail functions, local copy, flu sync with Exchange, Group Directory etc.

http://davmail.sourceforge.net/

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
jnjnroach...on android I had to use a 3rd party app developed for OWA.
What do the settings in the Android look like? Do you know of the Exchange Server is On Premises or Office 365? It is Office 365 if the Android is pulling mail from outlook.office365.com ....

OP
R

Rich OReilly

I've been messing with this for the past few hours again.
I used the same settings as I did on Android except, DOMAIN settings. Nothing is asking for "Domain".
I got as far as Outlook asking for login credentials. The log in box shows Domain=Surface. That might be part of the issue. I need to use the domain my company uses. I need to figure out how to change the domain setting.
My company uses Exchange 2010.

I used this tutorial:
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/sync-outlook-through-owa-59703.html

I got as far as Outlook asking for login credentials. The log in box shows Domain=Surface. That's where I am stuck at this point.