What's new

Paint Bubbles

dmcadena

Hello, I have a problem with the paint under the kickstand of my sfp2 (many little bubbles and some are peeling the paint), My warranty is standart, but i dont know if this problem is covered. The other problem with the kickstand is that ribbon . Thanks!

Attachments

• 20140827_202826_Android.jpg
    20140827_202826_Android.jpg
    830.2 KB · Views: 590
  • Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    103.3 KB · Views: 625

leeshor

Welcome to the forum
If you can get to a Microsoft Store I would take it in and show them ASAP. If they feel it was a manufacturing defect they will probably swap it.

Just search for "Paint" in this subforum and you'll get plenty of hits. Air bubbles, flacking off, scratches, chips, peeling, you name it.
I've had chiping issues (but no scratching or bubbles): http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/about-scratches-and-warranties.8754/
In fact "similar threads" right at the footer also contains other complaints.

I am not sure earlier ones are better OR worse. Mine is Feb'14, so that's actually somewhat late already.

My suggestion is: if you really care about it, try to get it replaced with a new one on a USA MS Store. If they won't allow you and force you to go via the refurb process you may get one with the paint in worse shape. Risky trade-off.

Last edited:

kundas1

@javispedro ... oh gawd stop being over melodramatic... the paint which you're referring to was the 1st gens... of a bad batch... afterwards they have been fine... till this ONE person in this thread has a bad paint job... I doubt its an "Achilles heel"

OP if it bothers you so much just bring it into a MS store and I'm sure they will replace it for you...

@javispedro ... oh gawd stop being over melodramatic... the paint which you're referring to was the 1st gens... of a bad batch... afterwards they have been fine... till this ONE person in this thread has a bad paint job... I doubt its an "Achilles heel"
a "bad batch"? I guess it's quite a large bad batch since chipping happened on the SFPro1, the SFPro2 and still happens on the SFPro3: http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/paint-chips-on-bottom-of-kickstand.9489/ Besides, as I said, look at all the other threads, YouTube video reviews, etc.

I don't know what's up with MS but they seem to lack the knowledge to paint the Surfaces properly.