What's new

Pancake mix in keyboard

JustJon

Hi All,

one of the issues with an ultra-portable device is that the ability to watch "24 - season 1" in the kitchen while cooking pancakes is a recipe for issues!

So, pancake mix on the type keyboard, only a splodge. Disconnected, wiped, allowed to dry, reconnected.

My "L" key isn't so good. Any recommendations? Hard to the touch (on the downpress) so typing fast and miss typing lots

Oops,
Jon

jrapdx

Hi All,

one of the issues with an ultra-portable device is that the ability to watch "24 - season 1" in the kitchen while cooking pancakes is a recipe for issues!

So, pancake mix on the type keyboard, only a splodge. Disconnected, wiped, allowed to dry, reconnected.

My "L" key isn't so good. Any recommendations? Hard to the touch (on the downpress) so typing fast and miss typing lots

Oops,
Jon

I've been having a similar problem, but with the "comma" key. No pancake gunk in my case, but something in there anyway.

A couple of things that can help:

When the system is off, detach type cover and use a good vacuum cleaner with an upholstery brush over the keys.

Another option is trickier. Use a disposable dental brush, the small kind meant for getting between teeth. They look like miniature bottle brushes. Working very carefully, use the end of the little brush to clean around edges of the underneath side of the key cap. Don't insert it too far, maybe a couple of mm, just around the edges will be safe.

With any luck, you can get enough stuff out and the key will work better.

kundas1

Hi All,

Oops,
Jon

Obviously you got mix under the key and you didn't reach it, I suggest using a Qtip and "Cautiously" clean it away, then it should work normally again.

Dim-Ize

Great show! Sorry for the disaster. If bought from Best Buy and within return policy, do so. I like jrapdx suggestion...but if within exchange policy, do it now.