What's new

AlienMan

I have had a number of issues with my Surface Pro 4, but there are 2 issues that have not been fixed. The screen flickering when I dim the screen so I can prolong battery life, and the USB port on the charger can't charge the Surface Pro 4 and my cell phone at the same time. I have contacted Support multiple times and they act as though they have never heard of the problems before. I was told during my chat session about the charger issue, that they were trying to duplicate the issue in the office and were unable to duplicate it. The screen flickering seemed to also be an issue that they have not heard of. Well, after resetting my device twice for other issues, I was told after all the trouble shooting to reset my device again. A quick search of the forums brought up threads with the screen flicker issue. And a stop by the Microsoft Store in Salt Lake City, I was told that my charger issue is something a lot of people have come to the store about. The gentleman I spoke with said he personally sends an email every week to inform Microsoft of the reoccurring issues that people bring to their attention. The gentleman said the charger is something he has emailed in many many times. Why is it the Support associates act like they have never heard of these problems? Search the forums and it quickly shows there are issues that my be being ignored because the Support chat line associates don't seem to know anything. Please Mr Panos Panay, look into the problems forum members talk about, and more importantly, look into the Support chat line team and what they know and don't know about the products they support. Every chat associate is very very polite, but I have been let down multiple times; especially when one of the associates said she would contact me personally after she looked into the charger issue. Well, 2 months later I still have not heard from anyone about the issue after I was told I would he contacted the next day. I am a huge Microsoft fan and fully believe Microsoft develops the best computer products on the planet. Please educate the Support team and have meetings with them that inform them of the problems people talk about on the forums. Panos Panay, please keep up the good work on developing the Surface line.

Reactions: gtc

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Though none of my custpmer are having problems with their SP4s, (I know some do), your post may have had more of the aufiance you're looking for had it been at a Microsoft site. This is not a Microsoft site.

dcoplien

I have had a number of issues with my Surface Pro 4, but there are 2 issues that have not been fixed. The screen flickering when I dim the screen so I can prolong battery life, and the USB port on the charger can't charge the Surface Pro 4 and my cell phone at the same time. I have contacted Support multiple times and they act as though they have never heard of the problems before. I was told during my chat session about the charger issue, that they were trying to duplicate the issue in the office and were unable to duplicate it. The screen flickering seemed to also be an issue that they have not heard of. Well, after resetting my device twice for other issues, I was told after all the trouble shooting to reset my device again. A quick search of the forums brought up threads with the screen flicker issue. And a stop by the Microsoft Store in Salt Lake City, I was told that my charger issue is something a lot of people have come to the store about. The gentleman I spoke with said he personally sends an email every week to inform Microsoft of the reoccurring issues that people bring to their attention. The gentleman said the charger is something he has emailed in many many times. Why is it the Support associates act like they have never heard of these problems? Search the forums and it quickly shows there are issues that my be being ignored because the Support chat line associates don't seem to know anything. Please Mr Panos Panay, look into the problems forum members talk about, and more importantly, look into the Support chat line team and what they know and don't know about the products they support. Every chat associate is very very polite, but I have been let down multiple times; especially when one of the associates said she would contact me personally after she looked into the charger issue. Well, 2 months later I still have not heard from anyone about the issue after I was told I would he contacted the next day. I am a huge Microsoft fan and fully believe Microsoft develops the best computer products on the planet. Please educate the Support team and have meetings with them that inform them of the problems people talk about on the forums. Panos Panay, please keep up the good work on developing the Surface line.
Screen flickering is a problem they have heard of and have a solution for

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10 - Windows Help

OP
A

AlienMan

I appreciate the link you posted. It's amazing that the people paid to help with issues don't know the product themselves. It's sad that we have to turn to forums for real help. I how I didn't waste my money by purchasing 2 years of tech support.

mwilson

Welcome to the forum

Though none of my custpmer are having problems with their SP4s, (I know some do), your post may have had more of the aufiance you're looking for had it been at a Microsoft site. This is not a Microsoft site.

If I had a nickel for every leeshor's post repeating none of his customers have a problem with their SP4s, I could easily buy a Macbook Pro.

Edit - since humor is not always evident in written form, let me add that the above was written in good spirits. Actually my SP4 is mostly free of issues as well, and my Macbook Pro has its own issues sometimes (OS X specifically, I'm quite sure the hardware is fine. Apple isn't all they used to be anymore either.)

leeshor

I can't help myself. I can say that since I'm directly supporting so many Surface Pros now I'm really glad they aren't having problems. I'm recommending them to customers. That's how confident I am. I also have several customers who purchased new Lenovo Yoga 900s and are seeing some of the same issues some people post here.

The thing about all those Surface Pros is that 1) I configured them all and 2) they have all taken my suggestions on how to use them. At this time I don't think any of them are using Edge and lots of background tasks have been disabled including the reporting to Microsoft.

dajogejr

leeshor, none of your users are experiencing touch screen non-responsiveness.
It's only when undocked and in "lap" use mode, but it's daily for myself and several of my users.
Seems to be Firefox and a flash issue.
What browsers are your users running?

leeshor

leeshor, none of your users are experiencing touch screen non-responsiveness.
It's only when undocked and in "lap" use mode, but it's daily for myself and several of my users.
Seems to be Firefox and a flash issue.
What browsers are your users running?
Not one of my users has reported that and I haven't seen it either. I use Firefox withe the NPAPI version of Flash, (there are 2 versions, one for ActiveX and one for everything else). I don't personally use my SP4 as a tablet and I think those users rarely do. If they were having problems I'm fairly certain I would hear about it. The worst thing that has happened is that one of the SP4s went into a non stop boot loop once but it somehow corrected itself and has worked fine ever since. Neither of us have figured out how that happened or why/how it started working again.

As I have started before the only browser I use by default is Firefox, loaded with add-ons.

I also should add that the ActiveX version of Flash tends these days to update itself regularly but not so much the non ActiveX version.

dajogejr

Got it leeshor, I actually dug just a bit after I asked and found it.
Thank you, however..
I'll know within 24 hours if it's any better.
I use mine for 70% Work on a dock and external monitor, keyboard and mouse, 30% as a tablet, via work or home.

dajogejr

Same Story, Different Day.
Frustrating really.

Leeshor, if you/your users don't or hardly use it as a tablet, why incur the expense when a laptop, a true laptop at a cheaper price will do just fine?