What's new

Patch Tuesday Today

R0bR

About to do my updates, hopefully the firmware update fixed the limited connectivity on wireless that I never had until the last firmware update.

ArnoldC

There was a guy asking me about HBO... on the Surface RT, it is still no go, on the Acer S3, it's a go.

bertopl

mine too. hope it fixes me having to unplug / plug the keyboard when it decides to not work. we'll see.

pwaggs

Thoughts on the firmware update: 90 percent as always transparent. My IE (modern) experience is much improved. The changing of the flash policy has definitely made the browsing experience less fraught with potholes. Things simply stream more nicely now. I used to have to switch over to Desktop to get many streaming things to work (Xfinity, Amazon etc). More stuff just works now. I still have some sites that exhibit strange behavior, but those are simply poor coding. This was not the large firmware update with core apps updates. Xbox music is still marginal at best, barely even mediocre. There is still awful native support for podcasts. I never had a problem with WiFi so I cannot comment on that. I have noticed that the power/sleep button is a little more finicky than before. It works, however seems to be programmed for more protection against accidental touches. I am not an app hoarder, but so far, no change in App performance that I have noticed.

Chubnut

You need to repeat the update check. The firmware updates loads second.

Yeah, have continued to repeat the update check but still nothing, so either it snuck in and I missed it or it's still not available here in the UK. I'd lean more toward it sneeking in!

Cheers anyway

bosamar

Yeah, have continued to repeat the update check but still nothing, so either it snuck in and I missed it or it's still not available here in the UK. I'd lean more toward it sneeking in
Did you check update history? Maybe it snuck in while you weren't watching.