What's new

Patch Tuesday Today

mitchellvii

I haven't found anything exciting in this round. My Surface RT hung applying updates - I had to force a power down after 4 hrs of it saying do not power off installing update 11 of 11. After it came back up, it continued updating and required around reboot. Now everything seems to have finished successfully.

The ability to toggle Fn on and off is exciting and new. Fn + Caps toggles Function Keys to F1 to F12 all the time without pushing Fn.

Nuspieds

The special keys are in groups of 4. So the first key in each group is Fn (group # +1)
So F5 is the search key :)
I was somewhat confused when I saw the original post about having to count, because I couldn't believe it to be true...they didn't put the F-key labels on the keys for the Touch Cover! What in the world is up with that?!

They did it for the Type Cover so why not for the Touch Cover? It is not like if it is a full-sized keyboard where some manufacturers space the groups of 4 F-keys; on both Covers they are all contiguous, so, yes, I can see how counting and double-checking are necessary for the Touch Cover. That's so ridiculous of a design.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

Last edited:

ArnoldC

I have 26 for my Acer S3 on Windows 8.0 and a few for my Surface RT on 8.1 Preview.

Significant stuff- new CODEC for cameras. Somebody was nearly cursing Microsoft for not supporting his D7100. Now you have it.

On the RT, there's one I deem important which is the notification when 8.1 Release is available. If you did not get this update, you won't get notification of 8.1 RTM availability!