What's new

pc games not compatible or mess up

hksrb25s14

I don't know if it's my SP2, but alot of my games have compatible problems

DMC- works okay, mess up when you exit and cashes when wanna play again.

Super Street Fighter IV AE- works but crashes when you edit buttons.

New Tomb raider- stuck at menu.

Lots of problems so far.

apoc_reg

Well it'll be driver issues. I have updated to the latest intel 4400 driver and haven't had too many problems, had lots of games incompatible with my SP1 though, some games are just too advanced for the hardware.

The ones I've played ok are brothers, dragon age 2, system shock 2, Risen, XCOM, Deus Ex HR and Diablo 3.

OP
H

hksrb25s14

Well it'll be driver issues. I have updated to the latest intel 4400 driver and haven't had too many problems, had lots of games incompatible with my SP1 though, some games are just too advanced for the hardware.

The ones I've played ok are brothers, dragon age 2, system shock 2, Risen, XCOM, Deus Ex HR and Diablo 3.

Thanks apoc_reg, how would I update hd4400 graphics driver? Is there a website or do I just use windows update FW? With tomb raider I got past the menu problem but the graphics mess up when in the underground level, it flicker and no image just flickering.

demandarin

Go to my thread here http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...ivers-intel-hd4000-graphics-fixes-bugs-2.html

Now post #17 has the link to latest driver for 8.1 windows 64bit for hd4000/hd4400. This driver covers gpu in pro and pro2. Read the op and rest of thread on now to install, and tips for a workaround if the surface tries to prevent install. My OP also details how to prevent MS from automatically rolling back the driver.

Me and others have noticed increased performance on games with this latest one.

MoggSquad

I've played a few steam games and the only one that has not played right is a .99 cent game called "Home". The graphics are messed up.
Lone Survivor, To The Moon, and one other I tried worked fine.

urkel

Go to my thread here http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...ivers-intel-hd4000-graphics-fixes-bugs-2.html

Now post #17 has the link to latest driver for 8.1 windows 64bit for hd4000/hd4400. This driver covers gpu in pro and pro2. Read the op and rest of thread on now to install, and tips for a workaround if the surface tries to prevent install. My OP also details how to prevent MS from automatically rolling back the driver.

Me and others have noticed increased performance on games with this latest one.

Do u think that the drivers will turn up on windows update ?