What's new

Pen Double Press with External Monitor on the Left

Sequel

I find the pen double-press extremely useful. It works great with my SP3 alone, and when I have an external monitor configured on the right side of my display.

upload_2014-9-15_10-9-0.png

But, when the external monitor is configured on the left side and I double-press my pen button, the selection screen for the clipping is taken from the Surface display, but placed on the external monitor. That leaves my actual selectable area to only include what has overflowed onto my Surface screen.

upload_2014-9-15_10-8-7.png

This image shows as far left as I can select of the Screen Resolution applet, which is centered on my Surface screen, when the external monitor is on the left. Anyone come across this and find a solution, other than rearranging my desk so my docking station can be on the left?

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-15_10-6-53.png
    upload_2014-9-15_10-6-53.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 480

mcsenerd

Well...frankly I get this hosed up behavior no matter how many external monitors are hooked up or what configuration they're in. I've managed to just work around it and drag the mouse around from screen to screen to get what I want.

bluegrass

If you do a lot of screen capturing for your work, I would recommend getting SnagIt. I have the same setup you have with a 23 inch monitor to the left of my Surface. I may fool around with a solution for what you're saying but SnagIt has so much more screen capture ability, I wouldn't fool with the button approach for screen prints.