What's new

Pen problem

note3

sp3_pen.jpg

Doe's your pen look like my pen?
My problem:
the picture on the small paper shows how one unscrews something to get out the small batteries.
But I can not do that. My pen has not this extra part which you can see on the paper. On my the the screw piece and the spring are fastened.

Liam2349

You need a precision screwdriver with a thin shaft. There's a small phillips screw at the bottom of that spring, which gives access to the 319 cell batteries that power the OneNote button.

I think the screw is a PH00.

daniielrp

What a stupid idea from MS to do it in such an uncomfterable way.

I asked because clicking the top button of the pen doesn’t open OneNote
and double-clicking the top button doesn’t take a screenshot.
I went thruw
http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...-and-search/troubleshoot-surface-pen#Clicking
and I installed KB2968599
(after that update I felt the SP3 was hot for the first time after 4 days).

:-(
You have taken out that paper bit right? Just cus I assign like most 'watch battery' devices that paper is blocking the contacts for the battery so it won't work til it's removed?

Liam2349

You have taken out that paper bit right? Just cus I assign like most 'watch battery' devices that paper is blocking the contacts for the battery so it won't work til it's removed?

The paper in my pen doesn't block any contacts. I was under the impression you're supposed to leave it in, but I don't think it matters much.

malberttoo

Actually there was already a thread about that paper insert, and apparently the instructions say somewhere to leave it in the pen. So of course I had already thrown mine out, and now my OCD has to live with the knowledge every day that my pen is not as whole as it could be... o_O

OP
N

note3

The batteries were empty, shame on you microsoft.

For more than 100o € you can't give us unplugged new batteries (and as an recommendation: a small screwdriver)?

I'm not complaining about the additional 15 € for the batteries and the screwdriver but for the time I lost to find the error and to get this tools (I live in a very small village).

malberttoo

The batteries were empty, shame on you microsoft.

For more than 100o € you can't give us unplugged new batteries (and as an recommendation: a small screwdriver)?

I'm not complaining about the additional 15 € for the batteries and the screwdriver but for the time I lost to find the error and to get this tools (I live in a very small village).

Wow, that is super lame, but it's also the first I've heard of it...o_O