What's new

Pen Stopped Working

Orlbuckeye

I had the same thing happen and I though it was the battery but found out it wasn't. By the way those AAAA batteries are hard to find Walmart doesn't carry. I found at Walgreens and Batteries Plus.

It would stop working after a while and I would delete it in Bluetooth and then it would connect and work a couple of days. When then one day it would should in Bluetooth it was connected but the pen didn't work so I kept connecting and deleting until finally it told me the Pen bluetooth driver was corrupt. So i went to the device manager and deleted Surface Pen under Bluetooth devices and clicked search for new hardware. It found the pen and installed the new driver and I haven't had any trouble the last month and I use the pen all the time.

OP
Inversion

Inversion

I took the pen apart and re-inserted the battery. The pen is now recognized by the SB however the writing is choppy. I'm thinking my issue is battery related. But my question now is how long should this battery last? In this experience it has been 35 days w/ very occasional use. What is everyone else's experience?