What's new

Pen to digitizer sensivity

micholon

Hallo,

I have an issue with my pen. When I made a clean install of win10 on my sp 4, my pen wrote before I touched the surface, it was pretty sensitive. Way too much sensitive, it recognized a left click before the pen approached the display.

Now after update, it's not sensitive like before, I have to push the pen on the display harder than before it begins to write. When I handwrite fast it looses touch and leads to missing lines.

Same behavior, after I made a recovery and updated to the latest driver.

A driver/registry setting where I can set "write when pentip reaches 0,05 mm of the display" would be great.

ScottyS

Hallo,

I have an issue with my pen. When I made a clean install of win10 on my sp 4, my pen wrote before I touched the surface, it was pretty sensitive. Way too much sensitive, it recognized a left click before the pen approached the display.

Now after update, it's not sensitive like before, I have to push the pen on the display harder than before it begins to write. When I handwrite fast it looses touch and leads to missing lines.

Same behavior, after I made a recovery and updated to the latest driver.

A driver/registry setting where I can set "write when pentip reaches 0,05 mm of the display" would be great.
Have you downloaded the Surface app from the MS store? I has a setting to adjust pen sensitivity.

OP
M

micholon

Yes, but the surface app only set the sensivity when it's already inking.

But I want the ink close before it touches the display, because I get loose in ink when I write fast.