What's new

Phone compatibility

nilsk123

In my experience using windows phone alongside windows doesnt have any real advantages, but i suppose it could depend on your usage.

kodos

I have a Lumia 1520 and LOVE it. Hoping more devs jump on the platform because it is awesome. Some of the apps are behind their iOS counterparts. But its a chicken and egg situations. The more users on board the better the apps will be. Love the OS and device though.

bluegrass

I have a Nokia 925. I'm very happy with it. I upgraded it to 8.1 but haven't done much with the new stuff except to use the new background with a lot of transparent icons. Cortana want to talk with me sometimes but I haven't chatter with her yet. I'll probably get the latest Nokia when my contract is up next spring.

Queenofmycastle

I have been wondering the same thing. I plan to stick with Apple and order the IPhone 6 tomorrow. I am a definite newbie to the SP3 but hope they can live in harmony.

dniezby

Just traded my Note 3 for a Nokia 1520. Love the phone, disappointed with integration. For example Outlook doesn't sync unless you go through OneDrive. Hopefully Windows 9 will integrate a lot better. Get the phone, you won't regret it. The 8.1 UI and Cortana work really well. The home screen can now display background custom images which look cool behind the tiles. The tiles themselves are customizable and you can get all the info you need on the home screen at one time. There is rumour that a 1525 is coming soon but from what I've read its not a huge upgrade. It is amazing how fast the 1520 is given its age, the screen is gorgeous and the battery life is exceptional especially given the size of the screen.

That's the phone I'm considering. I held it in my hand at the AT&T Store and instantly fell in love. It looks beautiful and, much to my surprise, was comfortable. I'm used to iPhone but this phone was really really nice to hold and use.

I didn't get it yet, but when my renewal day comes up, I will be getting it instead of iPhone 6+ Unless of course the 1525 is an upgrade and comes out soon.

Sassi

And lets not forget Cortana :D When she comes to our SP3's we'll have even more fun!!!!

I don't even have Cortana on my Window's phone yet :( ah the joys of living in Australia, we have to wait to get everything... No Microsoft complete here either

Telstar1948

I have an SP3 and a Nokia Icon.

The integration could be better but like jnjroach said it's great for IE passwords and such. I really like the Bing apps that are available for both the phone and the SP3. Sports, news, weather ect. They are awesome!

If you have a phone app that's also available for the SP3, or vise versa, then the experience is that much better.

For instance I use Package Tracker that's available on both the phone and the SP3 and it keeps both devices in perfect sync.

@raqball - tried locating Package Tracker but had no luck. Is that name correct? Thanks

raqball

@raqball - tried locating Package Tracker but had no luck. Is that name correct? Thanks

Yup., Here is a screenshot of the store

Screenshot (1).png