What's new

[PHOTO] album of your Surface Pro 3 desk set up

agt499

I would have a dock if they were a bit cheaper. I agree about the MST and thus why I only have my U2412M because i can't find a second new monitor that I like with it unless I get the 2414
You're totally right about 'unless I get the 2414' -I couldn't find any other good options. Luckily despite being fairly new, Dell do special them quite well at times, which is when I jumped.
Overall I am pleased with them as the price was right and the design is a real step forward for them : flush edge to edge up front with very small bezel, plus they have a much nicer cable cover at rear, which is quite a bonus as their backs face into the room in my setup.

Daniel Edwards

Here's one of my setups. Connected to an Asus VS247 monitor, MOTU Audio Express audio interface, KRK Roket 6 monitors, Microsoft Arc keyboard, Logitech mouse. In this shot I'm running Bitwig Studio laying down some guitar tracks. The synth on the desk is a Korg MS-20 Mini.

The other places you would frequently see my SP3 is flat on a desk in portrait mode taking notes with OneNote, or on my lap surfing the web.

14%2B-%2B1
Haha. You sir might just be the person I am looking for. I am running Surface Pro 3 with Traktor Pro and currently using some Alesis M1 Active MKII monitors but have been looking for smaller monitors and your monitors are on my list. Would you recommend them?

dleuen

Haha. You sir might just be the person I am looking for. I am running Surface Pro 3 with Traktor Pro and currently using some Alesis M1 Active MKII monitors but have been looking for smaller monitors and your monitors are on my list. Would you recommend them?

I absolutely love the KRK monitors. 6 inch is a good size without going too big.

plop28

I see very nice setup, great thread :)

Here's mine :

IMG_20141009_173046.jpg

SP3 i7 256 and Toshiba Dynadock U3. I work on two 20" monitor at 3200x1200

Just for fun, i deploy 4 SP2 128G from mdt ;)

IMG_20141009_173912.jpg

plop28

I have it since three days and works really great so far. Before that, i had a HP3005PR and Dynadock U3 is clearly better.

I like the MS dock but i can't plug two screen on it. The real advantage of the MS one is the power connector. The price is nice too :)

GTiceman

I have it since three days and works really great so far. Before that, i had a HP3005PR and Dynadock U3 is clearly better.

I like the MS dock but i can't plug two screen on it. The real advantage of the MS one is the power connector. The price is nice too :)

I wish the MS Dock had two screen outputs, i know daisychain does this but it is hard finding a reasonably priced monitor with at least 1920x1200. I have been using the Lenovo ThinkPad USB 3.0 dock

Khalamus

Hello everyone,

I really enjoyed looking at the different ways people have done their set up and thought I would share mine.
On my desk I have a SP3, the SP3 docking station, Acer 24'' monitor, Logitech K270 (Keyboard) and a M185 (mouse) connected through one USB-port, and a cheap pair of speakers.
This is a great combo for students since it allows you to have the best of both worlds, a big monitor for those long hours of essay writing and a portable device for note taking in lectures.

Have a great day!

/ Khalamus

IMG_7251.JPG IMG_7258.JPG

Sliksock

I don't know if this pic is entirely fair, as it's my desktop PC and Surface Pro 3 together, but this is how it's all setup, so I thought you might all get a kick out of seeing someone who takes his computers maybe a little too seriously :)

In this picture you see the SP3 on a mini table next to the desk. On the desk sits 3 desktop computer monitors and behind the SP3 you see the TV being used as a 4th desktop monitor.

Left to right:
Sony Bravia KDL-60W850B TV - 60" 3D Smart TV
Asus VG278H - 27" 3d Monitor
Acer B286HK - 28" 4K LED Monitor
Samsung U28D590D - 28" 4K LED Monitor

I pretty much don't use the TV as a monitor, and I really overdid it by buying the 2nd 4K monitor, but this setup is pretty sweet and having the Sp3 to the side is a surprising amount of fun as I can have so many things going at once.

I connect the SP3 to the PC via wireless networking, but I'm considering buying the wired adapter so I can get faster transfer speeds.

In the picture I'm running the Windows 10 Tech Preview on the PC, but the SP3 is still only a Win8.1 machine. I don't currently have any plans to dual-boot Win10 on the surface, at least not until it becomes more touch-friendly as I use it as a tablet more often than I use it as a laptop.

computer.jpg