What's new

Photoshop checkboards

henk brouwer

Good day,

since a couple of weeks I get these black and white squares on my screen outside the canvas when moving an
object. As you can see in the attached photo.

Anyone any idea, can it be an issue of the video drivers?

Thanks Henk

Attachments

• 20171203_140239.jpg
    20171203_140239.jpg
    394.7 KB · Views: 498

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
@henk brouwer ,

This is very likely an artifact of the video drivers. Try launching Photoshop from a desktop shortcut by right-clicking and choosing each of the "Run with graphics processor >" menu items in turn.

Photoshop is to blame for the artifact. The same effect can be seen in 3D simulation and game applications. Either enabling or disabling graphics acceleration as suggested above may help you to find the best way to minimize or eliminate these artifacts.

OP
H

henk brouwer

Hi Sharpuser, I tried to do what you suggest but I dont know what to do.
This is a surface pro 4.

Can you please explain.
thanks

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
How are you starting Photoshop? From a tile? From a shortcut icon? With a command? From a mouse menu? From the desktop?

OP
H

henk brouwer

I did what you said. I ace an icon on my desktop then right click from there I don' see your option.

That' why I asked if you can explain to me how to get there

OP
H

henk brouwer

Thanks for that. I allready have this turned on.
It' a little strange last month some one from Adobe was looking into my computer and he told me to turn off gpu inPhotoshop. I have a lot of leg in Photoshop so they made changes. I changed it back because I thught it was a little stupid. To turn it of on a tablet you completey loose the tablet feeling no pinch and turn anymore.

I have 2 surface pros and till now I had never worked without issues on the surface. I have all Most no patient any more.

Sorry for that.
Any other idea

Henk

Last edited:
OP
H

henk brouwer

Now I downloaded an older driver the problem is gone.
But i found a new problem that i noticed already before, when using the pen tool to create a shape, when trying to move an ankerpoint i experience lag. turning off the gpu also this problem is solved but without the gpu you cant use zoom and turn with your fingers.

the surface is getting more difficult to work on, is there any solution