What's new

Photoshop Elements 12 warning

bulls96

I have this program on my desktop and decided to port it over to my SP3.
(you can actually install it on 2 devices for each license)

just a friendly warning... it does not support high dpi screens like the ones on the SP3. It will install and run fine, but the fonts on the program are sooooo small may be unusable for some.

Its unlike PhotoShop cs5 there is an actual "experimental" support for high dpi screens.

Anyone else running this program on their surfaces?

toaf

my corel works fine. it is real odd while in tablet form maybe youll have to lower the desktop to a lower res for some stuff

Steve Pearce

I have this program on my desktop and decided to port it over to my SP3.
(you can actually install it on 2 devices for each license)

just a friendly warning... it does not support high dpi screens like the ones on the SP3. It will install and run fine, but the fonts on the program are sooooo small may be unusable for some.

Its unlike PhotoShop cs5 there is an actual "experimental" support for high dpi screens.

Anyone else running this program on their surfaces?

Yes, I have just been trying our PE12 on my Surface Pro 3. It works but is almost unusable because of the tiny toolbar and tool icons that result from having such a high definition screen. I am very disappointed because one of my key requirements was to use Photoshop Elements on the SP3. I foolishly assumed that because Photoshop CC had an option to provide larger icons the same would apply to Elements. Overall I am delighted with the SP3 but I think I am going to abandon Photoshop Elements. I have looked at the specs for Elements 13 but so far have been unable to see any reference to support for HD screens. As a amateur photographer I have been using PE for serious editing facilities that programs such as Picasa cannot offer. I think I will have to look elsewhere for a full function editing program that works with the SP3. I am not prepared to pay the price for Photoshop CC.

OP
bulls96

bulls96

I've kept with it for the same reason... Not prepared to pay price for PhotoShop cc.

Once thing I've discovered though I'd that the pen is very useful in PSE. it helps me pinpoint the small buttons better. I've learned to view pictures in full screen mode too.