What's new

Please, anyone's help . In need of Surface Pro Recovery Image.

Poom Chansee

I've tried installed windows 8.1 by upgrading. But, i accidentally erased a whole SSD.
As a result, I am unable to reset to factory settings.
i called to Microsoft service support, they said, need me to find someone who has the same device as me, then make a copy of recovery from them.
But, my area no one has the surface pro.
Please help me anyone who is kind and willing to share the recovery image with me.
By the way, i am from Laos. unfortunately, there’s no any store here . And i just bought this sp from Thailand.
My device is Surface Pro with 128GB.

Thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:

Russ

i just bought this sp from Thailand.

Poom Chansee --

I have a Pro Recovery Image which I could upload to my web site, but want to make sure you could use it first. Will a Recovery Image from a USA source Pro work on your machine?

If somebody knows, I will upload it tonight (unless we have a thunderstorm -- those always take down my DSL).

Regards,
Russ

OP
P

Poom Chansee

Hi,Russ,
I am really glad to hear that.
Actually, My surface pro brought from USA by store in Thailand.
Anyway.I will give it a try. and i think it won't have any problem.
By the way, Whenever you upload completely., Please send me the download link via my Email: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you soon

Many Thanks and Thank you very much for your precious time.

Regards,
Poom

Russ

My surface pro brought from USA by store in Thailand.

Poom --

I tried to upload it last night, but, as I feared, a thunderstorm during the night took down the DSL. I am a little bit rural here, and my DSL is not always dependable. Some of the stuff got uploaded, but the big files did not.

They are uploading now, about 1/4 done, so I think they will be done by morning. This is an approx 7 Gig package, so it takes a while. It will also be a significant download, depending on your connection. Once you have it, I suggest you put it on an 8G USB drive. Use that for your recovery, then save it for any future needs.

I will email you in the morning, hopefully with good news.

Take care,
Russ

scadarick

let me know as well, that's one thing i do on every tablet, desktop, laptop....you name it....always have a back up, i keep a start up usb for my win 8 pro desktop and my mac too.
good luck!

OP
P

Poom Chansee

Hi,Russ,
You are such a nice guy.
Thank you very much for you great help and your precious time.
I really appreciate it.

I look forward to hearing the good news from you soon.

You take care too,
Poom

Russ

I look forward to hearing the good news from you soon.

Poom --

Check your email. No thunderstorms this time.

Let me know if it works Ok. I created that Recovery set on my Pro, but have not tested it. The only way I would know to test it is, of course, something I really don't want to do.

Take care,

Russ

Russ

let me know as well

Richard --

You can have it if you post me your email (PM suggested), but since you have a Pro, it's probably easier to make your own. All you need is an 8GB USB drive. Go to Search - Recovery - /Settings/Create a recovery drive.

I suspect that you can create one in less time than you can download 7 Gigs of stuff from the web.

Regards,
Russ

OP
P

Poom Chansee

Hi, Russ,
I am very glad that you try to help me.
But, i've followed the link u mailed to me. then, i got an error:"This site does not exist within the LDAP database. "

By the way, i deleted the whole hard disk, i mean, i removed all partition already. so i was unable to create usb recovery.

OP
P

Poom Chansee

Ok, Russ,
Sorry, my bad. Because i clicked the link directly without copying. So, i was unable to login your website.
But, now i am able to login and i am downloading now and Thanks and thanks again. you save my life.

By the way, i see the files install.swm , install2.swm,..,install4.swm. are those files from one big file and separated by you?

Russ

But, now i am able to login and i am downloading now . . .
i see the files install.swm , install2.swm,..,install4.swm. are those files from one big file and separated by you?

Poom --

The email program makes that look like a log-in link, but it really isn't. It is an FTP connection, as you figured out.

Those files are exactly as created by the Pro's Create Recovery system. A single file would be 6.5G, which is too big to put on a FAT32 drive, which is what the Create Recovery system makes.

I just hope it works for you. Let us know.

Take care,

Russ

OP
P

Poom Chansee

Russ ---

I've just finished downloading. But it appears to have several SWM files inside sources folder. Do I need to combine those files to a WIM file?
or just keep it like that? any suggestion?
sorry for silly question.

Thank you very much.

Take care,
Poom