Plugable UD-3000 Docking Station not working with Apple LED display

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 2' started by scfoster, Jan 24, 2014.

1. scfoster

scfoster Member

I have a couple of Apple LED Cinema displays, one of which I've been using with the Surface Pro 2. Works great when I plug the mini display connector directly into the Surface Pro 2.

Purchased a Plugable UD-3000 docking station to cut down on the wires/connections. However, it does not appear to support the Apple LED display.

Here is a support thread with others who have the issue Problem with newest displaylink displayport device and Apple Cinema Display [Archive] - DisplayLink Forum

The posts started in 2012 with promises by Plugable to fix the issue "soon".

Looks like I'll be getting the Microsoft docking station (even if the ethernet connection is not Gigabit).

2. scfoster

scfoster Member

Here is the response I got from Plugable (I commend the extremely fast response, even if it wasn't the answer I wanted):

3. ridgeburner

ridgeburner New Member

Just bought a MS dock yesterday on staples website. While sitting there debating if I should hit the purchase button I got a message telling me I was going to get $30 off if I bought within 15 mins. I quickly hit purchase then and got qty.4. They were delivered via staples courier this morning.

Just thought I would share since stock levels still appear to be low, and the $200 price is just past the easy to swallow threshold imho. The $30 off each made the decision easier.

4. scfoster

scfoster Member

Were you logged in with a Staples account? Was it in your Cart? Or, were you just on the listing page for the item?

I created a Staples Rewards account, logged in and put the item in the cart. Waited 30 minutes..... nothing.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  5. ridgeburner

ridgeburner New Member

I was not logged into any kind of account, it just came up as a message in the screen when I was looking at the item.

6. scfoster

scfoster Member

Thanks.... tried your approach but got nothing. Oh well. Ordered from Best Buy at full price. Would have been nice to save the $30.