What's new

Poll: Do you buy a folio case or regular case?

Would you buy a folio case for your Surface?

• Yes, I prefer folio case.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • No, I prefer a regular case.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, I prefer a sleeve.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • No, I prefer nothing on it.

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sleith001

I still don't understand why people are buying folio cases for Surface. For icrap, ok because they don't have a kickstand, or a keyboard, but for a Surface? You don't want to wrap your beautiful device with a not so beautiful case right? So, I am creating this poll, and please voice your reason. Thanks.

Last edited:

DNP

Initially purchased the Maroo folio; but returned it when I realized it doesn't accommodate the SP2's kickstand configurations. I also have the Type Cover 2 and plan on going commando from now on (unless something changes my opinion).

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Maroo Folio Case that I use on occasion (currently using it today), but 90% of the time I use no case. I use the Maroo when I'm headed out to a meeting with a customer and I'm taking only my Surface Pro 2 with me as it offers protection and looks professional.

Last edited:
OP
S

sleith001

I have the Maroo Folio Case that I use on occasion (currently using it today), but 90% of the time I use no case. I use the Maroo when I'm headed out to a meeting with a customer and I'm taking only my Surface Pro 2 with me as it offers protection and looks professional.

Don't agree "looks professional". I do think Maroo look better among Folio cases.

OP
S

sleith001

Necessary?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I think it is necessary. I believe most people who are buying folio cases are influenced by those who bought the "icrap", otherwise I really don't see enough reason to do so. If you meant the wording, I am sorry, but I don't could not find a better word to describe icrap. I can explain more, but maybe save for later.

CreativeLemming

Not sure what to enter - I 'prefer' to go naked, but having spent £1500 on a device that's so easily scratched I feel I have to protect it with something :-(

CrippsCorner

I am with you!

To me it's madness. The most common answer when I ask people why they cover their great looking devices up with tat is because they don't want to lose value when it comes to selling it afterwards. The thing is, it means you're never really enjoying your devices to the maximum. I have to admit when I got my first iPhone I did actually cover it up for a month or two... but it got to the point where I didn't look forward to using it anymore. This might seem insane to some, but even now, on my third generation of iPhone's I still occasionally take a second to really appreciate the aesthetics. I'm living for the moment!

Another reason is because people don't want to look at their devices with scratches on. Sure, no one wants that... but when covering your device to protect it from not looking perfect, you're making it not look perfect because you've got some piece of crap covering it up anyway! Sorry lol realise I'm going off on one but yeah
big%20smile.png

Wayne Orwig

I ride most everywhere by motorcycle. I have a case to protect the Surface Pro, plus to carry the pen and a BT mouse. I usually also have some paperwork with me that goes in with it.
Don't care what others like or don't like, I need that protection for when I toss it in the motorcycle luggage, and to keep items together. Once I am at my destination, it comes out of the case and doesn't go back in. If I used a briefcase, then I would likely simply use that instead.

On the other hand, I may be using a sleeve. What is the difference between what you call a case and a sleeve? :big smile:
What I have is called a 'sleeve case'. :eek:mg:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B89BN7G/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited: