What's new

Post Your SP3 WiFi/Internet Issues Here

David Martinez

Idk...support told me to enable hyper-v to getWiFi to work after a sleep. I haven't had any WiFi issues. I also did a refresh and ran all of the updates right after. Seems to be running solid right now.

Len J

Idk...support told me to enable hyper-v to getWiFi to work after a sleep. I haven't had any WiFi issues. I also did a refresh and ran all of the updates right after. Seems to be running solid right now.

When I do that it wont go to sole, but rather shuts down. When I restart, I get limited connection.

Len

mitchellvii

Just tested and confirmed. Having bluetooth enabled (does not even need to be in use, just enabled) results in significant increase in ping times and wifi speed being cut in half.

MS REALLY needs to address this as it has been the case ever since the original Surface Pro. Really unbelievable given the fact the button on the pen requires bluetooth that this has not been addressed previously.

Huge fail MS.

P.S., Luckily I get about 60 mbps down at home so even 30 is plenty fast, but still, its the principle of the thing.

dleuen

The latest firmware update seems to have broken my previously perfect wifi. Now about once or twice a day I am getting "no wireless devices found on this system" after coming out of standby. This sucks. A reboot clears it up every time.

pcom

I reinstalled the drivers from the June update and, after 2 sleeps, it's performing much better for me. On the newest drivers I'd either have to wait a long time to reconnect to WiFi or I'd lose the adapter altogether and have to scan for hardware in Device Manager. I reconnected to WiFi almost immediately after wakeup on the older driver -- dated 5/15/2014 version 15.68.3040.75.

Len J

I have the "need to reboot" to get wifi working again problem since the 8/19 update.

So far, it's more of a nuisance due to the rapid boot, I figure I'll wait for the Sept update to see if it fixes it. We will see.

Len

bangsters

I have this issue on the SP3, both on the i7 and i5. Also had this same issue on the SP1 before. A reboot fixed the problem. Just annoying but nothing to get me to give my SP back :)

malberttoo

Just tested and confirmed. Having bluetooth enabled (does not even need to be in use, just enabled) results in significant increase in ping times and wifi speed being cut in half.

MS REALLY needs to address this as it has been the case ever since the original Surface Pro. Really unbelievable given the fact the button on the pen requires bluetooth that this has not been addressed previously.

Huge fail MS.

P.S., Luckily I get about 60 mbps down at home so even 30 is plenty fast, but still, its the principle of the thing.

Wow that is seriously messed up! Had no idea that was even an issue...

Fast-T

The latest firmware update seems to have broken my previously perfect wifi. Now about once or twice a day I am getting "no wireless devices found on this system" after coming out of standby. This sucks. A reboot clears it up every time.

no reboot needed. Go to Device Manager and do a refresh. The Marvell will appear and the connection establish. Have this randomly as well. Seems Marvell is not waking up reliably.

phositadc

Wow that is seriously messed up! Had no idea that was even an issue...

I'm having wifi issues with the SP3 I bought yesterday, so I tried this Bluetooth test. Sure enough, Bluetooth enabled and my downlink was 40Mbps. Bluetooth disabled and it immediately jumps to ~80 Mbps. My uplink suffers as well, though only to the tune of about 25%. Also, I notice that it is only affected on 2.4 Ghz, not 5 Ghz.

However, on 5 Ghz, I suffer from the "limited" connection problem where I'll get a yellow exclamation point on the wifi icon and lose internet access, despite apparently being connected to the 5 Ghz network. Somehow, that has not happened yet on 2.4 Ghz.

So it seems like the options are 5 Ghz + Bluetooth + frequently dropped connection, or 2.4 Ghz + speed cut in half + connection that does not drop. Wonderful. Did anybody ever solve the 5 Ghz problem? I read a very long thread on its on MS forums and as far as I can tell it was never solved. My router is an Asus AC66U btw, which works perfectly with several phones, and IBM laptop, a Sony laptop, and an Apple laptop.

I really want to love this device, but dang, MS is sure making it hard. With the battery issue I had the first time I booted it up, to the various other issues I immediately had requiring me to do a factory reset, to the wifi issue. I could live with all of them, and many of you apparently do, but for $1150 (including keyboard) I would expect fewer issues.

I also get the fan issue. Despite the fact that the only app I have open right now being IE (2 tabs), and despite having just done a factory reset, my fan is whirring away at about medium speed (quite audible) despite CPU usage according to Task Manager of less than 10%.