What's new

Post Your SP3 WiFi/Internet Issues Here

tonypitt

I'm having the same no internet upon start issue that many others are having with their i7. I had another problem today that was frustrating. I was using my SP3 during a class lecture and went to play a Youtube video. 15 seconds into the video my Internet dropped and wifi reported no Internet connection. I had to go find the wifi icon in the system tray and run troubleshooting to have it reset my connection. Took 2-3 minutes. Very frustrating and disruptive to the overall class flow. (Definitely just an SP3 issue as other devices in use weren't affected.)

I have an i5 8/256 GB SP3. I finally at work am getting 100+Mbs speeds over WiFi on an N-band router. Router connection times seems significantly reduced. At home I have a 30Mb/s connection and an ASUS 1.3Gb AC router. Very impressed at the new responsiveness when web browsing. Not that it was bad before, but it is now much better. This was all while using one of two Bluetooth mice.

Very sorry for anyone still having issues.

nnthemperor

At the risk of jinxing it, my SP3 i3 version doesn't have any Wi-Fi issues and no overheating problem. Then again the only tweak I've made is to increase dpi to 200. Have had it for a month now.

M.Y.

My internet seems to be working OK when comparing it to my PC.

PC (wired)
DL: 27 / UP:61

SP3, plugged in, wifi 5Ghz
DL: 27 / UP:27

* Speedtest

The problem is intranet copying at less than 3MB/s from my PC to my SP3. So copying from my PC feels like downloading something from a not very fast server.

voodik

I have a same issues.
Can't connect from my SP3 to my pc via RDP. But with USB-WIFI dongle everything is working.

Last edited:

elixir

Mine is i7 512GB since 28 August and now with the latest update 9/9/14
- when connecting to wifi 5GHZ AC routers all good no issue with wake up from sleep. Bluetooth also Ok.
- when connecting to Wifi 2.4GHz especially with N routers (not B or G), Wifi speed is really slow if I also use Bluetooth.
I wish all routers in Wifi hotspots and offices are AC.

R

Robin Tillmann

Hello,

this is my first post in this forum.
I have big WLAN problems since the last update from 09.09.2014.
WLAN loses the connection again and again, that is realy encouraging me,
because before I did the update everything and realy everything works fine!

Also it throttle very fast while I only use Firefox and Office 365.

I have the I5/4GB edition and paid about 1000 EURO for it.
Please solve the problems as fast as possible or I have to return my surface,
because it can not do what was promised by Microsoft.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

this is my first post in this forum.
I have big WLAN problems since the last update from 09.09.2014.
WLAN loses the connection again and again, that is realy encouraging me,
because before I did the update everything and realy everything works fine!

Also it throttle very fast while I only use Firefox and Office 365.

I have the I5/4GB edition and paid about 1000 EURO for it.
Please solve the problems as fast as possible or I have to return my surface,
because it can not do what was promised by Microsoft.
How is the throttling issue manifesting itself? As for the WiFi, we would need more info, what are you using for your Router?

Also, this isn't an official support channel for Microsoft, we are an enthusiasts' community, but we're here to help....

R

Robin Tillmann

I'm using a FritzBox 7270 mode n and everything works fine before i did the Update.
throttling issue now manifest in that way that i appears when i use three programms at the same time and this do not happend before the update didn't anyone else noticed that?

Maybe it only happens to some devices?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
That particular Router is circa 2008, I'm assuming it was updated to the actual "N" Standard as it shipped as a Draft "N" product. Are you running it on 2.4GHz or 5 GHz?

What 3 programs are you running that are throttling the SP3?