What's new

Post your SP3's in the WILD!

lhauser

When I'm in bed, or on the couch I'll use it with just the tablet, no keyboard. Though I hate the on-screen keyboard. Highly inaccurate.

The only difficulty I have with the OSK is missing the spacebar all the time. If it was a little taller it would be much better. I rarely make typos with it, other than hitting "m" and "n" instead of the spacebar a lot.

SeeVuPlay

Lol I hate clutter on my desk so it's usually pretty clean.

Yes, I have been sketching a lot on my surface and love it.

Gail83

Got myself a Urban Armor Gear Scout case for my Surface Pro 3

17417821245_82b90d1484_z.jpg

This is how I use my SP3 in my car while I wait to pick up my youngest from Primary School

For me the SP3 is great for making and checking off the Shopping List (I'm an at home dad, wife works full time we have three kids - 14, 12 & 7).

Hello Apache,

If you put the armor case like that, how's if your SP3 is heating. Is it still OK ❓

I am interested to put on my SP3 with the case like that, however, I have concern about heating. Could you please advise if the armor make it worse, or it has no issue.

Thanks,

Johnny365

I have the Urban Armor Case and there are vents along the edges for heat dissipation. Yes, it's nothing like having no case on it for keeping it cool, but I haven't noticed any adverse effects of using it.

ScottyS

Awesome!! Looks just like when I visit my wife at work... :D
Does she work in an ICU or at a monitor store?:)

Seriously, what blew me away with PCs was when I got my first (IBM486, 50MHz proc, 4MB RAM) I went to computer store to upgrade it to watch and capture TV with an ATI video card and Hauppauge TV card. A women there was looking for a keyboard for software that writes musical notes as you play (and this was long before USB, must have been a serial port keyboard). And I thought wow, you can't do that with a Mac. The versatility was amazing. Back then you could only attach to a Mac something made by Apple. Yeah Windows 3.1 was so buggy, but it was made to work with anything if you could figure out the right port or had the right driver.

Now with the Surface, I see yours in a hanger with Alaska State Trooper's helicopter, @sharpcolorado's on his Vespa out in the open spaces with a Geiger counter and GPS... again the versatility is amazing.

Last edited:

chanson

Got myself a Urban Armor Gear Scout case for my Surface Pro 3

17417821245_82b90d1484_z.jpg

This is how I use my SP3 in my car while I wait to pick up my youngest from Primary School

For me the SP3 is great for making and checking off the Shopping List (I'm an at home dad, wife works full time we have three kids - 14, 12 & 7).

Is that a Cruze I spy?

OP
malberttoo

malberttoo

Does she work in an ICU or at a monitor store?:)

Seriously, what blew me away with PCs was when I got my first (IBM486, 50MHz proc, 4MB RAM) I went to computer store to upgrade it to watch and capture TV with an ATI video card and Hauppauge TV card. A women there was looking for a keyboard for software that writes musical notes as you play (and this was long before USB, must have been a serial port keyboard). And I thought wow, you can't do that with a Mac. The versatility was amazing. Back then you could only attach to a Mac something made by Apple. Yeah Windows 3.1 was so buggy, but it was made to work with anything if you could figure out the right port or had the right driver.

Now with the Surface, I see yours in a hanger with Alaska State Trooper's helicopter, @sharpcolorado's on his Vespa out in the open spaces with a Geiger counter and GPS... again the versatility is amazing.

Pediatrics. :)

The versatility, of this device especially, IS amazing.