What's new

Power Cover is coming?

ptrkhh

Take a look here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tablet/
"The optional protective keyboard lets you go from tablet to laptop and back again in a snap.
Type on the backlit keys, just like a classic keyboard (that also happens to protect your screen and extend your battery life)."

It seems like Power Cover for Surface Pro 3 is coming..............especially considering that they only mention "Detachable keyboard" with no "Type Cover" mentioned anywhere. That's a good sign of multiple versions of detachable keyboards!

(screenshot: https://txndfq.dm2301.livefilestore...JwN9LdZpuj6m4AQdlnAIYx_oOyXiPQ/powercover.jpg in case of alteration on the site)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Take a look here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/tablet/
"The optional protective keyboard lets you go from tablet to laptop and back again in a snap.
Type on the backlit keys, just like a classic keyboard (that also happens to protect your screen and extend your battery life)."

It seems like Power Cover for Surface Pro 3 is coming..............especially considering that they only mention "Detachable keyboard" with no "Type Cover" mentioned anywhere. That's a good sign of multiple versions of detachable keyboards!

(screenshot: https://txndfq.dm2301.livefilestore...JwN9LdZpuj6m4AQdlnAIYx_oOyXiPQ/powercover.jpg in case of alteration on the site)
Here too eh?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think they could be referring to the existing power cover. The statement would still be true. Just saying. :)

leeshor

IDK, looking at the entire page I have my doubts that's what they are talkink about or hinting at.

Grumpy2

I do not think so. I think the OP is reading something that is not there. If you go to that page you will see that the type covers - keyboards - are there ones that are currently available. I read the text next to those keyboards and I do not interpret it the same as the OP. I think the poster is reading what he wants to read and not what is actually written.

ScottyS

No, the OP is reading what's there: "Type on the backlit keys, just like a classic keyboard (that also happens to protect your screen and extend your battery life)."

Maybe they just made a mistake with copy/paste when they created the copy.

Grumpy2

Unfortunately I think you are reading what you want to read and not what is actually written. If you go to the link you will see that the keyboards are the current ones. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who read/hear what they want to read/see/hear rather than what is actually read or said. Suggest you have another good look. But I think you are wrong. IMHO anyway.

raqball

No, the OP is reading what's there: "Type on the backlit keys, just like a classic keyboard (that also happens to protect your screen and extend your battery life)."

Maybe they just made a mistake with copy/paste when they created the copy.

I think its a typo..

Unfortunately I think you are reading what you want to read and not what is actually written. If you go to the link you will see that the keyboards are the current ones. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who read/hear what they want to read/see/hear rather than what is actually read or said. Suggest you have another good look. But I think you are wrong. IMHO anyway.

How are they reading what they want to read when it clearly says:

extend your battery life

Does the current keyboard 'extend your battery life'?

Maybe it does and I just don't know it.

AllTaken

Technically, technically... if you were Microsoft and had stats on battery life whilst using the on-screen keyboard vs the type cover. Your stats showed that using the touch screen for text input was harsher on the battery life than using the type cover, could you use the term 'extend you battery life'?

Just a thought. (I hope it's a sign the power cover is coming to the sp3, maybe the power cover is on the way considering the sp4 is set to utilise the same accessories.....)

B

B'midbar

Possibly, but I doubt it. I was talking to a MS rep in chat on Saturday and inquired about a power cover for the SP3 and the response was "unaware of such."