What's new

Power Cover with SP3 + Pics

Bought the Power Cover as 5-6 hours just isn't enough battery when I'm at school all day where wall outlets are hard to come by. Love it so far. Keys have more depth and are more click, and the extra weight balances the keyboard nicely when it's on your lap or a desk. It gives me around 60-70% extra battery life overall. Only negative so far is that it doesn't cover the top of the screen when closed, which his why...

...It works great with the Maroo Folio case I'm using - especially when I'm sitting back on a sofa with my legs up, there's a bunch of various settings you can put the Maroo case in that just make for a very comfortable experience that I wasn't getting with the SP3 Type Cover, which, due to its size, always seemed to ride up into my wrists uncomfortably unless I was at a desk.

Some pics of my after-work couching skills (cat kept trying to photobomb).

Attachments

• IMG_20141006_003505.jpg
    IMG_20141006_003505.jpg
    915.9 KB · Views: 688
  • IMG_20141006_205648.jpg
    IMG_20141006_205648.jpg
    610.9 KB · Views: 673
  • IMG_20141006_205818.jpg
    IMG_20141006_205818.jpg
    686 KB · Views: 719
  • IMG_20141006_210541.jpg
    IMG_20141006_210541.jpg
    886.9 KB · Views: 658

Aurelio

This is the cover for SP2 right?!
Well, if you use the folio for SP3 all the time, it hides for you the screen the small keyboard left uncovered.

That's nice!!

OP
M

markusbeutel

This is the cover for SP2 right?!
Well, if you use the folio for SP3 all the time, it hides for you the screen the small keyboard left uncovered.

That's nice!!

Exactly yeah - on it's own without a folio type case it would be a tougher sell for sure, but with the folio it's just so convenient - it charges while attached to a charging SP3, upping the mWh from ~40 to ~70. There's one setting on the Maroo folio in some of those pics where the bottom of the case can be positioned so that it pushes the connector lip up towards the SP3 display so it actually feels like it's connected like with the magnet for the Type Cover - probably my favourite position for this combo.

ynohtna

Man I need another keyboard alternative, finally have my SP3 on a work trip and using the type keyboard cover and I'd probably like a more real keyboard like my Dinovo at home.... Hope microsoft or someone release more alternatives for the SP3!

Aurelio

Man I need another keyboard alternative, finally have my SP3 on a work trip and using the type keyboard cover and I'd probably like a more real keyboard like my Dinovo at home.... Hope microsoft or someone release more alternatives for the SP3!

You can use any Bluetooth keyboard on it, right???

kundas1

I don't know if your asking a rhetorical question to inform the OP, but yes you can use any BT keyboard on the SP3..

Aegeas

Wow, that actually looks pretty good. So total cumulative battery life with a unit that is getting 8.5 hours now should be in the 14 range, correct?

Aegeas

Yep! Pretty happy with my SP3. Hard to complain, but I want to be able to take long flights without worrying. :)