What's new

Powerbank

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I received the above products today. First impressions are good. It should solve my long-flight problems. It seems to charge at about 30-35% per hour, so maybe 3 hours to fully charge.
I didn't need to use any of the adapters, the cable just plugged directly into the Power Bank and surface Pro 3.

It's not small though.
33w4g43.jpg
So after charging (while charging) at least an hour does any part of the cable or connector feel warm?

Russ

First impressions are good. It should solve my long-flight problems.
It's not small though.

I think you will be pleased. That's the same setup I have for my Ladyfriend for her China trips. She particularly likes it for the Atlanta/Tokyo leg. Originally got it for her SurfacePro, then when she changed to SP3, I had an adapter to use with the new SP3 cable.
One feature that you will like is that the SP3 will fully deplete the external battery before switching to its own internal battery, so when you disconnect from the external, you still have a fully-charged internal.

re: "It's not small though." -- Yeah, well, she's 5'2" and 110 pounds. You? :)

Take care,
Russ

bluegrass

I'm not sure why in a lot of situations, that you can't just use the battery to operate the computer instead of waiting for the battery to be charged before using it.

Russ

I'm not sure why in a lot of situations, that you can't just use the battery to operate the computer instead of waiting for the battery to be charged before using it.
Bluegrass --
If I correctly understand you, that is what it does already. The SP uses the external source first, but it does not wait for its own battery to be charged. It will simultaneously operate the computer and recharge its own battery.
I use an Energizer XP18000 with my SP1. It's great for long meetings with no reachable outlet. I don't need the bigger battery because I don't do the long flights anymore (I gave them up for Lent).

Regards,
Russ

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member

You don't. when you plug a battery into a surface, phone, tablet etc, the device just treats it as if it is plugged into the wall and being charged. you can continue to use it how you like.