What's new

Solved Powercfg - energy report

stsalkit

I have run the powercfg /energy report and it has produced 3 errors: 2 related to "sleep timeout is disabled" (on battery and plugged in) and one related to "disk idle is disabled (plugged in).
I have two questions:
- I have not touched the "balanced" plan where it says to put the computer to sleep while on battery in 5 min and plugged in in 10 min. However, the report shows it as error! What is going on?
- although I search I could not find a setting relating to setting disk to idle. Any ideas?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I have run the powercfg /energy report and it has produced 3 errors: 2 related to "sleep timeout is disabled" (on battery and plugged in) and one related to "disk idle is disabled (plugged in).
I have two questions:
- I have not touched the "balanced" plan where it says to put the computer to sleep while on battery in 5 min and plugged in in 10 min. However, the report shows it as error! What is going on?
- although I search I could not find a setting relating to setting disk to idle. Any ideas?
Do you have Visual Studio, VirtualBox or VMware Workstation installed or have you enabled Hyper-V?

OP
S

stsalkit

I have none of the 3 Softwares you mention and I don't know what Hyper-V is - I might have by mistake, although I don't think so.
Thank you

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have any Firmware Updates pending under Windows Update? You can also try a Refresh and if that doesn't work reset the Machine.