Pre order or store order?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro 2' started by sillyrabbitt123, Sep 24, 2013.

1. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 New Member

Do you think on 10/22 i can pick up a sp2 256gb in staples, best buy etc... or they wont carry it? also do you think it will be shipped overnight on the 10/21 delivered for sure 10/22 if ordered?

are you pre ordering?

thanks

2. dellaster

dellaster Member

I can't begin to guess availability of the 256GB/8GB Surface Pro at stores the day before release. Maybe in a few days we'll hear news of how the pre-ordering is going and which versions are selling out.

I took no chances and spent half an hour this morning getting a 256GB/8GB SP2 + Touch Cover 2 (charcoal) order to "take" without error. Then after another half hour with no confirmation email or entry for it in my order history, I contacted a live chat MS Store person and he confirmed that it was in my account. Just taking a very long time to process due to high traffic/ordering activity.

3. BillJ

BillJ Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    I just submitted a pre-order for the 256gb as well. No confirmation. Unable to get to the chat person.

4. souldier

souldier Active Member

I remember the first time when the Surface Pro came out, I got my SP at a best buy before people who pre ordered it online. But I also remember that it was almost impossible to find them in stores unless you lined up early morning. I just happened to get lucky

5. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 New Member

thanks! just took the plunge sp2 | 256 | 8gb | Charc type cover

weeeeee i am broke now :)

6. dellaster

dellaster Member

FYI, I just got my email confirmation, three hours after the order. That's a pretty clogged system, though there's no way to know what's hot, yet. From what I read on various forums, the 256GB is everyone's choice. We'll see.

7. demandarin

demandarin Active Member

You all stop this now! Lol

I'm jealous. I want a 256gb 8gb Ram version badly! I'm on the fence as I don't "need" it but "want" it. Around Christmas time I can.justify it as that'll be my present. Whether I buy it myself or me n my woman go half..lol

That new RT is sexy and a beast compared to last year version. I might order that soon for my woman and give away the 64gb version RT I got from eBay for 249. A great deal. Decisions.

When.you all receive it, post up thoughts and comparisons to original units.

1 person likes this.
  8. eltos_lightfoot

eltos_lightfoot Active Member

Pre-ordered mine this morning. 256 gb with 8 gb ram. As another poster said, it's going to be a looooooooooong month. I will definitely post my thoughts when I get it.

9. TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast Active Member

Yeah, I'd like to order the 256GB/8GB model, but I think I'll wait a few months. I'm in no hurry. Plus, I think my wife would flip out and yell "ANOTHER ONE!!!"

I'll respond, "that's how I roll baby. Surface all over me!"

1 person likes this.
  10. Bandit

Bandit New Member

I would preorder the 256GB version. I imagine the big box stores will have a decent stock of 128GB models, but at $1,300 I think on-hand supplies of the 256GB model might be limited.

I preordered the 128GB with a purple type cover as soon as they went on sale this morning. Didn't get a confirmation email for almost four hours although it did show up in my account orders section relatively quickly.

11. Nuspieds

Nuspieds Active Member

My Device:
    Surface Book
    After that ridiculous fiasco with the 128GB SP 1, I am not willing to go through that again, so I pre-ordered, too!

I was disappointed that the docking station wasn't available to pre-order, though. :( But I did include the Type Cover 2 with the pre-order.

When I clicked on the "Complete Order" button I was sent to some sort Account page, where I was able to view/edit my account info, view order history, etc. So I clicked on "Order History," hoping to see my order, but it was not there!

I didn't want to order twice, so I called in and they did find my order. Not long after the call, I received the confirmation email.

I really want that docking station, though (two of them, actually), so I hope they are soon available for order and I can get them when my SP 2 arrives.

12. Sit

Sit Member

I thought about a SP2 but am dragging my feet for wanting to see what other manufactures bring out. So the original SP will do fine for the next several months