What's new

Pre-ordering vs In-store purchase availability

megatronium

With the i7 SP3's, they will be available to purchase at the Microsoft store on 8/1.

For the preorders purchased online, the i7's ship on 8/1 according to a rep I just spoke with. Bummer.

tonypitt

With the i7 SP3's, they will be available to purchase at the Microsoft store on 8/1.

For the preorders purchased online, the i7's ship on 8/1 according to a rep I just spoke with. Bummer.

If that's true, what makes that especially annoying is that 8/1 is a Friday. Given that I'm guessing they won't ship them for Saturday delivery, that puts the preorders in hand several days after they are in stores. Way to train people not to pre order.

Deryl McCarty

Argh, I felt the frustration. Why would some loyal, early order sp, sp2 and now sp3 customer have to wait 3-4 extra days to get ground delivery on Monday or Tuesday the 4th or 5th, when someone who wanders in off the street can get his or her SP3 i7 on the 1st in the store? So I contacted the MS store and chatted with a person named Ghel and said I wanted to change the delivery method from ground to "one day air" or "in store". After a long few minutes of his (or her) consulting with his peers he said "this is pre order" followed by "package will arrive 1 Aug". I was more than mollified. Now the proof will be in the pudding.

foghat

I preordered my sp3 i5. It shipped on June 20 (friday) and I received it on June 20.

I did not pick any special shipping option at time of order.