What's new

pressure sensitivity varies

rponnie

I'm new here, so hi to everyone.

I just bought me a Surface Pro 2 last week and I'm very happy with it. There's one thing though, I mostly use it for sketching and I noticed that the pressure sensitivity varies depending on where I draw on the screen.

When I draw in the middle of the screen I get a much thinner line then when I draw at the bottom or the top with the same pressure. I get this behavior in Sketchbook Pro, Artrage or Manga Studio.

I was wondering if this is a common flaw of the Surface Pro, or if I have a defective one.

Has anyone else noticed the same ?

Thanks,

- Ronald

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Did you install the Wacom Feel Driver? If you did, it is designed for WINTAB Applications like Photoshop and may affect those Art Programs that use the MS Ink API such as Manga Studio or ArtRage.

OP
R

rponnie

Yep, installed the Wacom wintab drivers. And I get the same behavior when I uninstall them. Sorry, should have mentioned that.

-Ronald

OP
R

rponnie

Yep, rebooted after uninstall and install. The installer does that automatically.

I suppose this means you don't see any pressure variation like this on your Surface then ?

Thanks,

-Ronald

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not an artist, and I don't use any of those titles. I get expected pressure sensitivity in OneNote and FreshPaint (I'm a hobbyist Painter), but I'm a Moderator of a Large Tablet Community that has many professional artist in it, you may want to checkout Tablet PC Forums, Discussion and Support , two forums to interact with, the Professions/Artist Forum and the Microsoft Forum.