What's new

Print range

Well, after an hour of unsuccessful tech support with MS, I am reaching out to the folks on this board who are much smarter than I.

While in the mail app built in to Win 8.1, is it possible to select a range of pages to print in a multi-page message?

I have tried everything including time with the nice people at MS.

Example:

I open the mail app. Select the message I want to print. Slide from the right, select devices then print then select my printer. There does not seem to be an option to print just the first page or any range of pages.

Doesn't seem right. Could this be an oversight?

Pete

ctitanic

Unfortunately Mail is not a very robust mail client application. I would recommend you if possible to open the email in IE and try to print it from there. Or use Outlook as your email client.

malberttoo

Well, after an hour of unsuccessful tech support with MS, I am reaching out to the folks on this board who are much smarter than I.

While in the mail app built in to Win 8.1, is it possible to select a range of pages to print in a multi-page message?

I have tried everything including time with the nice people at MS.

Example:

I open the mail app. Select the message I want to print. Slide from the right, select devices then print then select my printer. There does not seem to be an option to print just the first page or any range of pages.

Doesn't seem right. Could this be an oversight?

Pete

Hate to bring bad news, but Frank is right. Mail is severely limited, and I've had your exact same issue on a few other Metro apps as well. I don't know if it's a limitation of the Metro environment, or just the apps themselves are lame.

ctitanic

Hate to bring bad news, but Frank is right. Mail is severely limited, and I've had your exact same issue on a few other Metro apps as well. I don't know if it's a limitation of the Metro environment, or just the apps themselves are lame.
Printing a range is possible from IE Metro so I don't think it's a metro issue but developer's.