What's new

Printer

OP
A

abbigail behmlander

Same here. I was rather surprised when my networked HP Officejet automagically first showed up on my SP1 without any intervention on my part. No need to install the overly bloated HP software. One of there very few pleasant surprises of Windows 8.

I suppose it depends on the printer, but the best bet is to install the latest software/driver package from the manufacturer.
I am at school though

Telstar1948

Both my Brother HL-2270DW's were picked up by my SP3...not so with my HP desktop, which has BT/WiFi. Had to go the manual route with it.

ctitanic

I have a deskjet but I almost don't print anything so the cartridges dry out. So the question is, would be a laserJet a better choise for me?

leeshor

Interesting question Frank, but I need to ask, how old is that inkjet? Most current generation inkjets do a great job of protecting the cartridges, especially if you leave it on. I know that may sound strange but it's true.

ctitanic

Interesting question Frank, but I need to ask, how old is that inkjet? Most current generation inkjets do a great job of protecting the cartridges, especially if you leave it on. I know that may sound strange but it's true.
Good question, It's a HP Deskjet 6800. I got it around 2005~2006. :oops:
The problem is that I print probably once or two a year. I'm a green guy who hates paper.

ctitanic

And it's not just the cartridges drying out but the heads get clog after so long without being used.

ctitanic

When I worked in the IT Department I never dealt with a LaserJet not being used and those printers use heat and powder so my guess is that I'll never have to worry about anything drying out.