What's new

Printer

leeshor

When I worked in the IT Department I never dealt with a LaserJet not being used and those printers use heat and powder so my guess is that I'll never have to worry about anything drying out.
That would be a yes. Laser would be the way to go.

ScottyS

I got a HP 4P LaserJet that I bought sometime around 1993. It still works. You can leave it for years and it will still print when you want it. It's slow and noisy and in a room that no longer has a computer so my wife convinced me it's time for a new printer.

Now that the price of color laser's has come down I highly recommend the HP LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP. I got one from Amazon for $279 and later saw it at Staples for $179! A great deal. I plugged it in, pressed the LCD touch screen for WiFi and entered the password and that was it. It was on the home network and my SP3 automatically had it set as the default printer. My wife's MacBook air had to down load driver for it, but our iPhones found it automatically as well. It's been on in Standby mode ever since. A few days after we got it we're outside on the back deck and my wife says "look at the dog" so I snap a pic with the iPhone, send it to Print. A second later it's rolling out from the printer inside. Faster than the old Polaroid! Very cool.

annabanana

My HP wireless printer appeared on the SP3 with no action on my part. It also prints from the SP3 and I never installed the printer software. It seemed like magic. :D