What's new

Pro 2 Docking Station in Australia?

It doesn't seem to be possible to purchase the Docking Station in Australia Does anyone know if there is a technical reason for this (voltage etc)? Such devices are usually (always?) 100 - 240 Volts and 50/60 Hertz.
Is it not generally available outside USA?
Is the Docking Station worthwhile? It is expensive but a convenient way to quickly connect to an external screen and provides additional USB ports. I have a USB hub but it is a very untidy solution.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I keep a SP2 docking station at home, and one at work. So easy to dock, connect an external screen, charge up, and also flip the keyboard up or down as needed.

OP
R

Richard Campbell

Actually it provides three important connections, external screen, additional USB ports AND power. If only I could find one in Australia. I may have to go to eBay or similar.

CrippsCorner

Is it not generally available outside USA?

I don't *think* it was actually released anywhere in Europe in the end... so I'm guessing it's going to be America/Canada only :( and now they're concentrating on the Surface Pro 3 shape, I doubt it's coming any time soon!

OP
R

Richard Campbell

I find this very frustrating, why on earth would they not make it available world wide? Surely anyone purchases the device should be able to buy the accessories? I tried ordering it on eBay and at the very last payment stage it said that it was not available in my region.

OP
R

Richard Campbell

I dunno buddy, I had to get the Surface case I wanted imported from America :oops:
The other strange side of this is that MSFT could/should be able to sell Surface accessories at high margins on the top of the original device sale, as Apple does. It shows very weak business acumen in addition to letting down the users.