What's new

Problem with Charging

lion

Startung yesterday my surface doesnt charge.. I havent done anything the the charger so... im not shure if it is something to do with divice or charger.. where can I get this fixed. My surface is dead right now and I cant use it. ; (

ctitanic

No it doesnt
Probably the changer is broken. In any case you will have to contact Microsoft for a solution. Take your Surface to a MS store and there plug it to one of their changers. That will tell you exactly where is the problem.

OP
lion

lion

Probably the changer is broken. In any case you will have to contact Microsoft for a solution. Take your Surface to a MS store and there plug it to one of their changers. That will tell you exactly where is the problem.
Thany you ^^

hmhoshino

Lion; Where the power source plugs from the ac there is a female plug that looks like this (OO), (it can be plugged in two way).that connects to a male plug which is part of the power supply that connects to your Surface Pro 3. My Surface Pro 3 will not charge if not plugged in correctly. Just try it both ways to the charging symbol comes on. I found out that it only charges in one position, so I marked them.

On mine it does matter that female plug is connected.

OP
lion

lion

Lion; Where the power source plugs from the ac there is a female plug that looks like this (OO), (it can be plugged in two way).that connects to a male plug which is part of the power supply that connects to your Surface Pro 3. My Surface Pro 3 will not charge if not plugged in correctly. Just try it both ways to the charging symbol comes on. I found out that it only charges in one position, so I marked them.

On mine it does matter that female plug is connected.
Male and female? ?

double07

It does not matter which way you plug it, it should always charge. if it doesn't charge one way, while it only charges on other, you might just have issue with the device.