What's new

Problem with Skype

kristalsoldier

It is so funny that you are telling me all the ways round this problem instead of agreeing that a simple signing in and out process would solve the problem .It gives the option to the customer those that want it on stay signed in those like me can sign out so so simple I don't want or need different user acc .
You will not convince me this is correct and MS should change it As I have said both MS and Skype help lines have told me they have many calls on it and it is mentioned of many forums too .I thank you for you input sir

Well, if that's the kind of functionality you want, perhaps you should try some of the other commercially available VoIP apps and/ or IM apps, which you can log in and out of. The deal with Skype is as Jeff and 0101 described it. I also agree that that MS should have clarified how to properly close apps, but then again, I can see their logic of letting apps remain in suspended state given our growing 'instant-on' culture.

CrippsCorner

Not sure if this is the same as my girlfriend gets on her iPad (sorry, haven't read the whole thread) but I find it very annoying...

Basically whatever she does, it says she's logged in all the time. So, this negates the information for me knowing if she actually is there or not
mad.png
in the end we just decided that she'll always have to be the one that starts a conversation! As half the time I was getting annoyed at her for not answering, when she wasn't even around.

OP
M

MkeS

I find it amazing that on a forum like this some of the replies are quite aggressive I am not whinging I am stating fact which obliviously upsets some of the big shot members here I came here for some friendly advice on a question that is being asked by many many users Please do not be rude to me because I do not agree with what you think.
Unfortunatley I did not research enough which is my fault But I still maintain it is not up to any platform to infringe my privacy .
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12199/can-i-sign-out-of-skype-windows-8-or-above
Why is Skype for Windows 8 always on? - Skype Community
How do I sign out of Skype on windows 8? - Yahoo Answers
[video=youtube;PhlUVcKbICI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhlUVcKbICI[/video]
windows 8 - How to log out from skype app? - Super User
plus many more
Now its the end of subject Oion
Please do not bother with anymore of your snotty know it all replies Thank you

oion

Not sure if this is the same as my girlfriend gets on her iPad (sorry, haven't read the whole thread) but I find it very annoying...

Basically whatever she does, it says she's logged in all the time. So, this negates the information for me knowing if she actually is there or not
mad.png
in the end we just decided that she'll always have to be the one that starts a conversation! As half the time I was getting annoyed at her for not answering, when she wasn't even around.

Tell her to set her status as away or invisible. I think there's a way to set its timeout unless I'm thinking of something else.

I find it amazing that on a forum like this some of the replies are quite aggressive I am not whinging I am stating fact which obliviously upsets some of the big shot members here I came here for some friendly advice on a question that is being asked by many many users Please do not be rude to me because I do not agree with what you think.
Unfortunatley I did not research enough which is my fault But I still maintain it is not up to any platform to infringe my privacy .

Nah, let's review. People did answer politely and tell you both why and how it works the way it does now along with workarounds. You're the one who was upset from the beginning and can't adapt or accept the facts and then escalated your blood pressure, switching topic from always-on (fixed by closing app) to giving your device to another person (Windows user account). Yes, it seems your complaining escalated because the other participants in this thread aren't upset by this and don't see this as the huge deal you're making it out to be....because there are easy workarounds that do solve your problem. So easy I don't even think of the steps as workarounds but a procedure change. Those links you spammed say the same thing: things changed, adapt.

Or switch services like Google voice chat in the browser. Or downgrade by selling your Win8 devices for Win7. See, plenty of options if you exercise free will instead of letting an app run your life.

Case closed indeed. :D

OP
M

MkeS

Tell her to set her status as away or invisible. I think there's a way to set its timeout unless I'm thinking of something else.

Nah, let's review. People did answer politely and tell you both why and how it works the way it does now along with workarounds. You're the one who was upset from the beginning and can't adapt or accept the facts and then escalated your blood pressure, switching topic from always-on (fixed by closing app) to giving your device to another person (Windows user account). Yes, it seems your complaining escalated because the other participants in this thread aren't upset by this and don't see this as the huge deal you're making it out to be....because there are easy workarounds that do solve your problem. So easy I don't even think of the steps as workarounds but a procedure change. Those links you spammed say the same thing: things changed, adapt.

Or switch services like Google voice chat in the browser. Or downgrade by selling your Win8 devices for Win7. See, plenty of options if you exercise free will instead of letting an app run your life.
:in love:
Case closed indeed. :D
It wasn't spam
I thanked you fpr solving my initial problem shame you cant solve the 2nd one
My blood pressure is fine but thank you for inquiry
Over 10% of the review in MS apps store now give this product a 1 star rating (must even tell you something) Most disappointed that they can not sign out
I hope you have the most wonderful day and you and your family have the most wonderful Holiday season xx
LOL now its closed :nerd:

CrippsCorner

I've come to the conclusion that Skype is to Microsoft, as iTunes is to Apple.

Their major, utterly ridiculously bad piece of software. It's basically unusable when it comes to messaging... sometimes messages come in 3 hours after people have sent them to me!

Sometimes I have to log in and out several times before being able to chat. This is with multiple OS re-installs (due to other issues) and where the other parties have been using Skype for iPad, for iMac, Windows desktop or third party mobile software. I'm almost, almost being forced on to Facebook :( come on Microsoft, please sort it out!

Windows Live Messenger worked for years without any issues.