What's new

Problems with Bluetooth mouse

Flashtoo

Do you think the Microsoft Sculpt mouse would work well with the surface pro 3? Particullary solve my problem?
I just bought a MS Bluetooth Sculpt Mouse after having Bluetooth connection problems with an MS Wedge Bluetooth mouse. Even after the most recent firmware update, the MS Sculpt Mouse will not always connect to my Surface Pro 3 when I start it up. I do not put the laptop in sleep mode, but rather shut it down. I find that turning BT off, then on, usually reconnects the Sculpt mouse. The Wedge didn't always want to reconnect, and it was more common to have to unpair, then re-pair the Wedge. At least I don't have to do that with the Sculpt, but the fact that there is usually no mouse connected when the laptop starts up is annoying. I am running the laptop on a 5gHz network, so there should be no wifi contention problems. I also have the laptop set to not turn off Bluetooth in a low power state. So, other than having to reconnect the mouse by turning BT off, then on nearly every time I start my laptop any suggestions?

riggi

So, other than having to reconnect the mouse by turning BT off, then on nearly every time I start my laptop any suggestions?

If my BT mouse and keyboard aren't working at the login screen when I power on, I find it quicker to just restart from the login screen than disabling and re-enabled BT once logged in.
A restart from the login screen doesn't take long at all,and fixes my BT every time.

anthonylei

I had the same issue, my wifi is only 2.4GHz and I don't really need faster wifi, so replacing the router is out of the question.

What I did instead to work round the problem is to set the SP3 bluetooth visible. I know this is not the idea setting, but it allows the keyboard and mouse works after reboot or sleep

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Probably should stop feeding Blue Cheese to your mouse then it wont have a blue tooth. :D

I use a Wireless keyboard and mouse with my dock that has its own wireless USB dongle and the internal Bluetooth is disabled. Never had any issues this way and it works consistently the same on any system I connect. The USB dongle only sticks out a quarter inch from the connector so it would be suitable for portable use as well.