What's new

Problems with Hard Line Ethernet Interface

bgibson2700

Is anyone else with a Surface Book having problems with their Ethernet interface? I've had my SB i7/16GB/512GB since December and have never before had problems with the Ethernet (not the wireless) interface. After using the SB for 4-8 hours my Ethernet connection drops. Sometimes the wireless connects to the Internet when the hard line connection fails but not always. The problem may be in the Dock that I use for I/O expansion but I'm not sure, it's inconsistent.

dcoplien

Is anyone else with a Surface Book having problems with their Ethernet interface? I've had my SB i7/16GB/512GB since December and have never before had problems with the Ethernet (not the wireless) interface. After using the SB for 4-8 hours my Ethernet connection drops. Sometimes the wireless connects to the Internet when the hard line connection fails but not always. The problem may be in the Dock that I use for I/O expansion but I'm not sure, it's inconsistent.
Try a new cable or try connecting direct to your router and see if the same thing happens.