What's new

Program installation from CD

OP
N

note3

Thanks for help.

Now I could start the installation process but got errors.
Perhaps Visual Studio 2005 is not compatible to Win 8.1.
Bad,
VS 2013 Express does not support the MFC and
VS 2013 costs money
:-(

guymalloc

I got tired of swapping cd's to install one of my programs, so I created one dual-layer 8.7 gb data dvd with all the files from 6 install cd's, and it allows me to install from a usb DVD drive with no swaps, never tried to put them on a flash drive though.

olimjj

I got tired of swapping cd's to install one of my programs, so I created one dual-layer 8.7 gb data dvd with all the files from 6 install cd's, and it allows me to install from a usb DVD drive with no swaps, never tried to put them on a flash drive though.

Copy your DVD you made to a Flash drive as an ISO. Mount the image on a virtual drive when you want to install. No need for a USB DVD drive.

Eldergeek

...and for ISO's other than install discs ( DVD Video, etc), you can play the ISO through XBMC, free download, open source software. http://xbmc.org/ Just played several ISOs ( andio and video) using XBMC from a USB 3 64GB key. No need to mount ISOs first...almost as easy as "click and play". For program discs, it should be sufficient to mount ( through the OS), and hit setup, or autoplay from the directory, as previously noted by other posters avove.