What's new

Solved Program to automatically turn off display while inactive?

ChrisPanzer

Not having the sleep option is not such a big problem. Pushing the power button will cause the system to hibernate. Pushing the button again will wake it up from its hibernating state and only takes 7 seconds. 7 seconds is not a big issue for me.

I like downloading movies & listing to music. But both don't require the screen to be on all the time so for me this is the best solution. Also having connected standby enabled will drain the battery while in sleep mode as wifi will remain connected to your network.

When I disable connected standby I have more power options like the 'High Performance' and gain 400Mhz extra from the CPU.
You can also set the time for the screen to time out without it going into sleep mode.

But I think it all comes down to your specific needs.
Those are all very luring features. However, I am an insurance adjuster, and oft times in clients house I need to thru sleep/wake cycles relatively quickly. I tried to Hibernation route (instead of sleep) and the delay, albiet 7 seconds, is just a bit too long. I enjoy the instantateousness (word??) of waking immediately.

Maybe I'll try it, if the feeling comes over me. Thanks for the post.