What's new

Purple Dot on My Screen -- Anyone Else?

otherminds

So I have been the proud owner of an SP3 since launch date, and I have just noticed my first issue. When firing the computer up, I see a very distinct purple dot on the screen. The dot is permanently there and most visible when the screen is darker. Any suggestions? My gut tells me there is nothing to do about this.

IMG_0627.JPG

leeshor

Looks like a seriously dead pixel. Maybe you stabbed it with your pen. j/k.

In short, not a clue.

OP
otherminds

otherminds

hmmmm... well, I suppose I have the 1 year manufacturer warranty. So I suppose the question is, does it bother me that much....

ScottyS

Looks like the visual feedback you can set when you touch the screen. I'm not sure if the setting is in the same place in Win8 (I am using Win10) but try Settings/Ease of Access/Other Options/Touch feedback. Try turning that on and then off again. I don't know if that will work, but it's worth a try.

If that doesn't work, maybe a reset of the OS. If that doesn't work it's likely a hardware defect and returning it would be the only solution.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmmmm... well, I suppose I have the 1 year manufacturer warranty. So I suppose the question is, does it bother me that much....

In this kind of situation it is always best not to consider whether it bothers you, but whether it would bother someone else. Something like that is going to have a huge impact on the resale value should the time come.

OP
otherminds

otherminds

I tried the touch feedback and it hasn't removed the spot :(

and I think the point about whether it would bother anyone else is spot (no pun intended) on. I guess I will be visiting the Microsoft store before June!

CrippsCorner

Yeah just get it swapped out man... if you're still in warranty it's a no brainer. I got my Surface swapped out and it turned out there wasn't even a problem with it!